• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I have had a hard time finding info on these. Apparently they are very hard to find, which would explain the limited info I have found.

I received this chest from a family member. It was my grandpa's. He was a infantry soldier in WWII, and brought this home with him. From what I understand, this was not his box, so it really does not have any personal value to me or my family.

What I do know about this box is that it is an Authentic WWII Carpenters/ Wheelwrights Tool set chest. the stock number from the quartermaster catalog is 41-T-3530. It was made in 1942 by Purves manufacturing Corp. in Indianapolis, IN.

On the lid of the inside of the box there is a numbered list of all the tools that should belong in the box, and where they are located. I only have 2 original tools for this box: The Monkey Wrench and the hand-drill. The hand drill does have one wood boring bit. These are are DURABLE tools. Also included are the 3 original canvas content pouches. One is the Chisel pouch, one is the drill bit roll, and the other is the M1921 tool pouch. each of these pouches are still soft and not brittle. The Bit roll still has the original leather straps and are not dried out at all. These are extremely rare in this condition.

These sets complete with all the tools sell for around $900. I would like to sell mine for $300 OBO. Will also consider trades and partial trades towards Mosin's, .223/5.56 ammo, .45 acp ammo. If you have something else in mind, just shoot me a PM.

PM me for any questions at all. I will answer them as best as I can.

Pictures can be found here:
    WWII Box Photos by Metallicafan18 | Photobucket

The box has wear all around, but there are no cracks or major damages to the box. There are just little dings here and there, and some obvious finish issues shown in the pictures.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom