• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Although I've not owned an FNP, I have been shopping for one for a while. I like the way the narrow grip fits my hand and it matches my natural aim very well. I've only experienced this with my 1911 before, as I've even had to adjust a bit with my Glocks and the XD. The trigger is outstanding and not having the safety feature is a huge plus in my book. On the other hand, it was these safety features that made me choose the XD as one of my first guns.

The slide on the XD is a bit tall for me. I, along with others, complain about the various safety features and I've been asked about my acceptance of these features on the 1911, so why not the XD? Well, that's a valid question. My Springfield TRP is used as a target/steel competition gun and my Para (not a true 1911) is a double-action and I can/will have the grip safety pinned. The XD feels top heavy in my hands and I always felt as if I had to give more effort to reacquire the target after shooting. The plus side to the safety features is that I bought it with my son in mind and him POSSIBLY finding it. After getting used to having a gun in the house and learning/teaching him about safety, I got something more conducive to my shooting style and comfort.

Still, for these reasons, I prefer the FNP and it's a great gun for the price.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Two totally different guns, hammer v. striker fired, but I like the FN better. I carry an FNX, basically the same as FNP, just subtle differences.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I owned and carried a Xd .40 service for two years. It was a good gun, both accurate and reliable. The Xd's are heavy and have chunky slides. I bought my first FNP last year. After shooting it for the first time, I feel in love. It's very accurate and the trigger is better than the Xd's in my opinion. To me a hammer is more consistent. The grip angle is perfect, and it fits my hand like a glove. I then sold my Xd and bought another FNP. They come with 3 mags and two back straps. The Xd, you get 2 mags and some cheap gear. For the money, I do not think you can beat the FNP. That's is my opinion though. You need to get what works for you.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I've shot and owned/own glocks and now 1911's, always liked the 1911 grip angle better so glock went bye bye. When I wanted a hi cap 9mm I started looking at the fnp 9 due to the hammer fired and grip angle along with fairly slim grip profile. I had shot XD's and couldn't get past the high slide, just didn't work for me. I now own a FNP 9 and love it, great feel, with a great trigger. I couldn't be happier.

Top Bottom