• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bombryder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Oct 22, 2020
    Valparaiso
    Do NOT buy YHM supressor products! They recently changed their warranty terms which now state that they can basically terminate your warranty and deny/charge you for a repair for any reason they feel like. This is unacceptable in this day and age and makes their warranty head and shoulders WORSE than their competitors.

If I am purchasing a supressor(a lifetime purchase with a ridiculously long wait time), the last thing I want to worry about is if the company I bought it from is willing to repair my suppressor should something happen.

As a result, they will no longer be receiving my business and I will be looking at other companies who are more in touch with their customers and understand how much value the firearm community places on strong customer service and an excellent warranty you can trust.

I've had a Resonator R2 "in jail" for 8 months now and this kinda feels like a kick in the balls.

Here are some reddit links that talk about the responses people have been getting from YHM. I've all attached their updated "policy" that basically goes along the lines of they can make your warranty null and void just because they might think you did something that qualifies as "misuse" or just because they feel like it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220306-094405_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20220306-094405_Chrome.jpg
      223.9 KB · Views: 6

Ghostface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2017
    Grant Co
    I have a RK in jail too, it’s my first YHM can and I admit it’s a little concern for me. But the way I read the new warranty it doesn’t seem to be out of line with expectation. I mean they shouldn’t be expected to warranty carelessnes, second party muzzle devices etc…

Bombryder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Oct 22, 2020
    Valparaiso
    I have a RK in jail too, it’s my first YHM can and I admit it’s a little concern for me. But the way I read the new warranty it doesn’t seem to be out of line with expectation. I mean they shouldn’t be expected to warranty carelessnes, second party muzzle devices etc…
    I would agree with you if this was almost any other product. If you look at their competitors, (rex, griffin, surefire, dead air, etc), they all have a no ******** shall repair warranty. This change hurts both themselves and their customers.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I waiting on a Res K to be approved its currently at 12months. This news kind of sucks, but I've never had a problem with any of my suppressors so I'm not really worried about it. It's cool manufactures offer these kind of warranties, but a baffle strike is the user's fault. Unless the can is "defective" so I don't see why they should fix it for free.

I have the same amount of money tied up in my form 1 supp as I do the Resonator K, but atleast I can pay YHM to fix my K if I mess it up. If I mess up my form 1 I'm just screwed and out the money.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    I waiting on a Res K to be approved its currently at 12months. This news kind of sucks, but I've never had a problem with any of my suppressors so I'm not really worried about it. It's cool manufactures offer these kind of warranties, but a baffle strike is the user's fault. Unless the can is "defective" so I don't see why they should fix it for free.

I have the same amount of money tied up in my form 1 supp as I do the Resonator K, but atleast I can pay YHM to fix my K if I mess it up. If I mess up my form 1 I'm just screwed and out the money.

If you screw up your Form 1, you can send it to Nick at ECCO machine. The man is a wizard.

I agree that people are getting way too excited over the warranty stuff. It is nice that Silencerco will repair stupid mistakes, but not being stupid is better.

I only have one YHM can - the N20. If I let it walk off the mount and send one through the stack, I think it is reasonable for me to pay to repair it. YHM makes nicer cans than a lot of other companies at a budget price. If you want a worse can at a higher price with free warranty then buy a Silencerco.

Top Bottom