You won't believe what I heard on a Chicago Radio Station last night!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    While driving in the Chicago area yesterday, I was scanning through the radio stations to find something that wasn't rap, classical or pop and happened on a country broadcast. Feeling myself lucky, I continued listening and was amazed when I heard a commercial for this organization, not once but server times:D

First Shots: For New Shooters

I must say, I was amazed! I am very glad to see some effort to promote the sport in illinois, and even more happy that it's being done in Cook County!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    WLS 890AM has been airing. . .
    Yup, some of their hosts are not just gun friendly but actually seem to have some reasonable knowledge about guns.

Sadly they removed Libertarian leaning Cisco Cotto from the air, he was the most pro-gun host they had on the air.

Still, they have Roe Conn on the air and he is strongly pro-gun, but strikes me as not being fully schooled on all the pro-gun issues. Don Wade, in the mornings seems to be moderately pro-gun, he talks a good game but seems to have only a superficial knowledge of gun facts.

Overall it amazes me that a station that is very popular in such an anti-gun city is so gun friendly.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    WLS 890AM has been airing Illinois Gun Works spots for several months now.

Illinois Gun Works, LTD

I used to live in Winimac and listened to WLS all the time, loved the Roe and Gary show, and later just Roe Conn after Gary left.

It just does my heart good to hear our brothers from the west are getting some 2A support.

Edit: FYI I don't live up north any more and just started a new job that takes me to Chi-town often, so it was a bit of a shock to hear. For those of you who are closer, I suppose you've seen it developing for a while now.

Last edited:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    While driving in the Chicago area yesterday, I was scanning through the radio stations to find something that wasn't rap, classical or pop and happened on a country broadcast. Feeling myself lucky, I continued listening and was amazed when I heard a commercial for this organization, not once but server times:D

First Shots: For New Shooters

I must say, I was amazed! I am very glad to see some effort to promote the sport in illinois, and even more happy that it's being done in Cook County!

Thought that looked pretty cool. Did you notice the address at the bottom of the page? They are located in Newton, Connecticut.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    I used to listen to 890am alot but now I seem to listen a 560am. They have Beck on from 9-11 and Jon and Amy are nice before that. then I hit 890 for Rush at 11am. Then back to 560 for Medved at 2pm. Can you tell I drive for a living! :)

Top Bottom