• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twsulli54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Avon
    I just purchased this bow last Saturday from The Lonesome Elk Archery Shop in Terre Haute, In. Tom is the shop owner and he is awesome at what he does. I went into the shop Saturday wanting to shoot anything I could get my hands on. He let me shoot everything he had in there and I finally settled on Hoyt's 2012 Carbon Element RKT. It just fit for me. If you are looking at getting a new bow for this year I would highly recommend looking up this shop. I drove an hour to get down there and it was worth every second.

Show us what you got boys

Here's my Baby:

picture.php

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I'm glad you had a good expierence there.
    +1 for your bow also.
    I will continue to shoot my 2008 Mathews DXT for at least another year or two.

cain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Newburgh, IN
    Good looking bow. My cousin is getting the new PSE Omen. I on the other hand will be sticking with my '08 Bowtech. Last year I stepped up my arrows, this year I'm debating on upgrading my sites.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Got a GREAT deal on a gently used Carnage. I've only had it for a little over a week but have shot it quite a bit. I LOVE it. Considerable upgrade for me. Can't wait til October 1st.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Got a GREAT deal on a gently used Carnage. I've only had it for a little over a week but have shot it quite a bit. I LOVE it. Considerable upgrade for me. Can't wait til October 1st.

I've also looked at the Carnage, it seems like a lot of Bear bows are getting good reviews these days. Can you compare it to anything else in reguards to smoothness, sound, speed, etc??

I'm going to just have to shoot a few and see what feels best to me. I'm looking more into bows a season or two old, they seem to be more in my price range. Hopefully some shops will have used bows to try as well as the new ones.

The PSE Omen looks sweet, as well as the PSE Xforce. There's just too many choices.....

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County

By the way, do you mind sharing what a "great" price was on your Carnage?? I'm just curious...

nkantzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Rochester
    Well with all the new laws and all I am still kinda torn about bows. Since its legal now to use crossbows all the time its cheaper and easier to use one. Alot of Michigan hunters are going to crossbows just because its so much cheaper.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    By the way, do you mind sharing what a "great" price was on your Carnage?? I'm just curious...

I got my carnage equipped with the ripcord code red rest, truglo quick adjust 5 pin sight, and he threw in a new scott release along with a foxpro spitfire coyote call all for LESS than 5 bills. wasn't looking for a new bow but I couldn't turn down the deal!:dunno:

NDhunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    North Central IN
    I've also looked at the Carnage, it seems like a lot of Bear bows are getting good reviews these days. Can you compare it to anything else in reguards to smoothness, sound, speed, etc??

I'm going to just have to shoot a few and see what feels best to me. I'm looking more into bows a season or two old, they seem to be more in my price range. Hopefully some shops will have used bows to try as well as the new ones.

The PSE Omen looks sweet, as well as the PSE Xforce. There's just too many choices.....

I was a lot like you. For the past several years in my neck of the woods Bear wasn't anywhere near a big-name brand in compound bows. I found a heck of a deal on a NIB leftover bought a '10 in January of '11 when the new models were the rage, and bought it on hope.

It's been a great bow, was affordable, and does everything I need it to. Ask the bucks it's killed that are on my wall. I'm not a big competition shooter, but for the average hunter Bear won me over as a comparable choice to the other big name bows.

So if any of you with a new 2012 bow have an old Bear to ditch for cheap . . . . . . :):

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    2011 bowtech assassin cranked down as far as she'll go octane 8'' stabilizer,nap Apache rest, octane backbone strings, bowtech quiver, trophy taker alpha v5 sights Easton flatline doa 400's tipped w rage two blades, Scott shark release shooting 320fps. took six with her last year cant wait till this season

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Not buying a new bow this year but swapping parts instead. Already ditched the whisker buiscut and got a QAD drop away. Next will be different sights. I'm not waiting for Oct. 1; I'll use the bow for the first week of turkey. If I don't connect then I'll break out the O/U for the second.

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    I bought an attack in the off season last year got hooked up with truglo and trufire. Mine fully set to hunt is 68lbs 31 1/2 in draw 2 monkey tails shooting about a 400gr arrow between 317 and 325fps. If I can get some pics up I'll get them tonight. I couldn't be happier with it very smooth draw a little heavy but I like that kind of adds to my stability I think. I took my first archery buck this year with it from the ground stalking style.. At 35yds had a complete pass through and it the arrow carried another 20 to the base of a tree.

I have shot Hoyt's mathews bears and pse the fit was right with the bear Hoyt's have a rough draw to me but that's just my opinion.

On another note had a new string built for it by mine down in spencer at barn archery best thing I have done yet. Great guy great service .

Another thing guys starting out might want to do is get one of the Plano crank bait boxes. It keeps all your wax broad heads Allen's and other gear in one convenient organized location.

csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    I recently picked up a Mathews z7 extreme and a set of spot hogg right on sights from Tom at Lonesome Elk in Terre Haute thanks to the op's suggestion. Great little shop, great prices, and amazing service.

Top Bottom