• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I tend to agree with a bit of both 0311, and Pamcake.... I think that parents should monitor all internet access for younguns', but I also think that a public forum would be pretty safe...... I think that a youth should have the independence to ask whatever questions they have, or discuss firearms-related topics of their choosing...... but obviously, independence with a firearm is up to the parents.

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    I can't see it being that busy of a forum, but I might be suprised. As one of the mods already pointed out, having a youth area would need VERY specific rules, constant monitoring, and absolutely a zero tolerance policy, IMO.

While the site is generally family friendly, you'd now have to make that area 100% kid friendly, and monitor it closely. I think it's a good idea, I work constantly with youth and shooting sports; just want to point out all sides of the issue.

Also, I don't remember form when I signed up, is INGO 100% COPPA compliant?

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I can't see it being that busy of a forum, but I might be suprised. As one of the mods already pointed out, having a youth area would need VERY specific rules, constant monitoring, and absolutely a zero tolerance policy, IMO.

While the site is generally family friendly, you'd now have to make that area 100% kid friendly, and monitor it closely. I think it's a good idea, I work constantly with youth and shooting sports; just want to point out all sides of the issue.

Also, I don't remember form when I signed up, is INGO 100% COPPA compliant?
    Actually, after discussion, we'd have to make the whole site 100% kid friendly, which means even more crackdown on the avatars than what we've already done recently, really monitoring the swearing and emotion that gets posted around here on a regular basis, and a hundred other things.

No, I do not believe we are COPPA compliant since we have never before considered directing any portion of this site to children, especially under the age of 13, which is the age affected by COPPA.

At this time, Fenway has indicated that he does not want to have a section dedicated to youth on the forum. Thank you for the idea, and as interesting as it sounds, we're going to have to say no right now.

Top Bottom