• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shamowfski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    This isn't gun related, unless you shoot with your eyeglasses on, then I suppose it is.

www.zennioptical.com

I wear glasses and contacts. I usually let my insurance pay for my contacts and just pay out of pocket once every couple of years for new glasses. Well I got new glasses from wal-mart about 3 months ago (~$300.00) and they broke. Wal-Mart only has a 60 day warranty on adult frames (even the expensive ones, bastards, but we knew that).

I had heard good things about Zenni Optical before and thought I would give them a try. Their claim to fame is $8.00 complete eyeglasses, frames, lenses, case, cleaning cloth.

I ordered a standard pair of metal frames ($8.00 includes standard lenses), I slightly upgraded the lenses (anti-reflective coating $4.95, I look at a computer screen all day) and put in my prescription. Wal-Mart wouldn't give me the pupillary distance, so I had my girlfriend measure it (center of pupil to center of pupil). They arrived today (about 10 days after I ordered, website says 2 weeks). I am floored. For 18.00 dollars I have glasses that seem just as good as the ones I paid 300.00 for at Wal-mart. Time will tell how well they hold up, but at 15.00 dollars a pop, I'll just order another couple pairs, and save on shipping. If you need backup glasses, want prescription sunglasses, or just don't feel like paying more than $8.00 (+ shipping), I highly recommend them.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Thanks for the info. I hate to buy glasses and just got a new pair from Wal-Mart (285.00). I'm not complaining about the price because I can see again but will follow up and get a couple of spares. Wal-Mart did give me my scrip because I asked for it.

Top Bottom