• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I had a similar experience with beretta 92s in the military , they were clapped out and pretty crappy. Kept telling myself not to let it ruin my opinion of them. Sure enough I got to shoot a new production 92 a couple years ago and loved it

Felt pretty lukewarm on kalashnikovs until I did a range day in 0 degree weather. Strange because using the AK in heavy clothing and snow really changed how it felt to me. Liked it a lot more. Bet if I found the right one with furniture I liked, might end up buying it.

I did get to shoot a first gen Galil ace and found it to be pretty good. Hope you enjoy it.
    Oh I do.
    Had it out to the range the other day to zero the Romeo 5.
    I ended up having the adjustable gas piston set too low on my first guess.
    I had gave it a couple extra cranks to make sure it wasn't overgassed... ended up being a bit undergassed.
    However, with the can on it, she ran perfect.
    So smooth and I wasn't getting a face full... I never did crank it back up.
    I figure if I ever need to run it without the can, I can adjust it at a later time.

krvincen

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    That does look like an awesome weekend!!! I bet Rob Ski is a hoot to be around. With all the mags and ammo etc I have invested in the Galil I’m chomping at the bit to get back to work and try to pick up an AK as well.

BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    That does look like an awesome weekend!!! I bet Rob Ski is a hoot to be around. With all the mags and ammo etc I have invested in the Galil I’m chomping at the bit to get back to work and try to pick up an AK as well.
    It's funny you say that, we had 2 guys in our squad run Galil Ace's. One 556 and one 762. Both of them had failures all 6 stages. The charging handles kept hitting cover and getting caught on their slings.

Top Bottom