• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    The better message is to agree to not break the instituted California laws and no longer provide transportation inside the state. There is no obligation to provide interstate transportation.
    Companies won't do that. As the 5th largest economy in the world, they'll continue to find a way to operate there..

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    What is their proposed solution to diesel power locomotives? I struggle to believe there is a battery that would provide enough capacity for them.

I worked on electric forklifts for 40 years so I understand the systems well.

Don

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    A bout a hundred years or so didn't trolly cars run on electrified wires strung above their routes? To me that would seem to be a somewhat logical impractical way to power the trains. Maybe install solar panels and windmills on the locomotives. That way the faster they go the more electricity the windmill will generate. Or could the whole idea of eliminating diesel locomotives is just too stupid for any solution. Jim.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My guess is that this is just another ca tax on the rest of the country. How much stuff that the US uses that comes from china unloads in ca? That will have to be loaded on a ca approved train or truck at least as far as the border where I would imagine that the machine connected have already built large terminals to break and reload freight of all kinds to continue on to it's destination.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    A bout a hundred years or so didn't trolly cars run on electrified wires strung above their routes? To me that would seem to be a somewhat logical impractical way to power the trains. Maybe install solar panels and windmills on the locomotives. That way the faster they go the more electricity the windmill will generate. Or could the whole idea of eliminating diesel locomotives is just too stupid for any solution. Jim.
    Wait, windmills generate electricity? I was told they were placed in California as an emergency measure to keep the state from separating from the rest of the country and sinking.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Wife was in the Air Force for 10 years so we lived in Northern CA. Had house and I had a good job. We left for Indiana in the early 90's. After we were back here for a couple years we got a letter from the state of CA saying they wanted 20% of any money in my 401k earned while I was in Ca. They wanted to tax the money removed from the state, I had transferred it to the 401k where I worked here.
    Took the letter to a lawyer and he cracked up laughing and said don't respond to it and don't worry. Turns out they couldn't legally do that. Just a money grab.

Don

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    What is their proposed solution to diesel power locomotives? I struggle to believe there is a battery that would provide enough capacity for them.

I worked on electric forklifts for 40 years so I understand the systems well.

Don
    Teams of brown immigrants harnessed up, pulling the trains with muscle power while a white guy cracks the whip?

What if this is all just a plot by Democrats to return to their glory days? At this point they're running out of Industrial Revolution to ban and roll back.

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    San Andreas fault will put the woke to sleep some day solving the problem.
    That will only create more problems. The California state capital is in Sacramento, which is east of the fault line. California will keep its state capital. California will get billions and billions in Fed disaster funds. Then, the rest of the nation will be pressured by the blight house to take in their poor defenseless sexual deviants and mutilated weirdoes. Then, if that isn't enough, every city in the nation will be pressured into renaming streets like Lincoln and Washington into Sexual Deviant Boulevard's. School children all across the nation will have to take time to remember those "brave souls" who lost their lives in the great earth quake while giving obeisance to rainbow colored flags.

And if our government can't mess up our lives that way, they will find another.

Top Bottom