• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Good grief, people. This is just nuts. In addition to the criminal charges, the AG just filed a lawsuit based upon the State Board of Accounts investigation. For your reading pleasure...or disgust, I have attached the report. Skip the mumbo-jumbo and go right to the itemized list of unauthorized/fraudulent charges.

It's not the greed and fraud that gets me. I mean, it's bad, but nothing new in the history of the world. What gets me is the complete lack of any attempt to cover up anything or launder anything. Not even a weak attempt to create a fake contractor or two and then pay them....nope- they just wantonly used the credit cards, bought things "for the EMS" and then sold them and kept the proceeds- having, for instance, the guy who bought a tractor owned by the EMS write a personal check to Jamey Noel for $31k. Stuff that easily traceable...and even more easily traceable.

No one took issue with the EMS buying a C8 Vette for almost $80k? I mean, we all want a better response time, but....

Attachments

• Exhibit 1 - Audit Report 84474I.pdf
      5.9 MB · Views: 25
    Last edited:

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Good grief, people. This is just nuts. In addition to the criminal charges, the AG just filed a lawsuit based upon the State Board of Accounts investigation. For your reading pleasure...or disgust, I have attached the report. Skip the mumbo-jumbo and go right to the itemized list of unauthorized/fraudulent charges.

It's not the greed and fraud that gets me. I mean, it's bad, but nothing new in the history of the world. What gets me is the complete lack of any attempt to cover up anything or launder anything. Not even a weak attempt to create a fake contractor or two and then pay it....nope- the just wantonly used the credit cards, bought things "for the EMS" and then sold them and kept the proceeds- having, for instance, the guy who bought a tractor owned by the EMS write a personal check to Jamey Noel for $31k. Stuff that easily traceable...and even more easily traceable.

No one took issue with the EMS buying a C8 Vette for almost $80k? I mean, we all want a better response time, but....
    We had something like this happen to the local conservation club I belong to, certainly not to this scale though. Our secretary which everyone knew and trusted was a long time member and her father was president for many years, so we had a false sense of security.

Turns out she was writing checks to herself. It started out as $100 here and there, but then she removed every official from the bank account and started writing $1,000 checks every month to herself. We had no idea it was happening and couldn't even check if we wanted to since our names were no longer on the account.

Finally a good samaritan at the bank stopped one of us at the bank doing our personal stuff. She said I can't tell you guys anything really, but someone has to get their name back on the club's account, and fast. When it was all said and done we could prove that she stole over $20,000 in checks, but god only knows how much cash walked away.

After speaking with an investigator and the state police, they advised us to try to get her to pay it back because with the amount she stole, she would be going to prison and we wouldn't see any restitution for a long time. Several of us confronted her at her house and her mom wrote out a check for $15,000 a day later.

Not sure if this was the case with Noel, but trust can be a blinder. We now know better and have a 5 person finance committee that goes over the budget every month.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

It's not the greed and fraud that gets me. I mean, it's bad, but nothing new in the history of the world. What gets me is the complete lack of any attempt to cover up anything or launder anything. Not even a weak attempt to create a fake contractor or two and then pay it....nope- the just wantonly used the credit cards, bought things "for the EMS" and then sold them and kept the proceeds- having, for instance, the guy who bought a tractor owned by the EMS write a personal check to Jamey Noel for $31k. Stuff that easily traceable...and even more easily traceable.

1715706750228.png

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think we have 2 threads on this, or I commented on Judge Larry Medlock in the boy in the suitcase case. Same Judge, broke his gavel with this guy.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I see tv news reports regularly, since it is a local trial. What is truly amazing is that it went on for so long without anyone reporting it. The ex-sheriff must have felt extremely powerful, been very intimidating and felt like he had enough on others to get away with it. He seems like a sociopath. The ex-sheriff, wearing his orange jump suit on tv, is a new twist on "60 Days In".

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Good grief, people. This is just nuts. …

… What gets me is the complete lack of any attempt to cover up anything or launder anything.
    … the guy who bought a tractor owned by the EMS write a personal check to Jamey Noel for $31k. …

And don’t forget the airplane.

Amazing. The report mentioned several times that basically everybody around him thought that the New Chapel EMS was owned by Noel as a personal business, instead of being a nonprofit I guess. How does that work? Apparently, even some of the people working in the EMS thought he owned it as a business, rather than being a nonprofit? Say what? And the nonprofit board never heard of any of this? I am boggled.
    I mean....sure, but we'll just have to see how innocent they really are.
    The daughter was doing the accounting for the organization, right? If so, clearly up to her ears. I don’t see how the wife would miss either since she benefited from thousands of dollars herself.

Holy Moses.

Top Bottom