• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would disagree that the fabric of society is not collapsing, and further I would stipulate that the longer a state has had recreational marijuana the more advanced its state of collapse has become

Correlation is not causation but neither is it indicative of nothing
    Take Colorado for example. Is the extent to which society has declined since legalizing weed due to the weed or transplanted Kalifornians? Probably both are factors.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Take Colorado for example. Is the extent to which society has declined since legalizing weed due to the weed or transplanted Kalifornians? Probably both are factors.
    There's been people who smoke weed in every state for many decades of all political persuasions.
    So looking at states like Colorado and other states that have shifted hard left, it's more due to the politics of the transplants moving in than weed.

A big problem is, yes, many of them move to another state to escape the over the top left wing extremism of their home state.
    BUT their own politics is STILL to the left of the state they move to.

i.e. Many will still vote Democrat in their new state, but justify it by thinking the Democrats in their new state aren't as extreme as their old state, so they STILL shift the new state to the left over time.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There's been people who smoke weed in every state for many decades of all political persuasions.
    So looking at states like Colorado and other states that have shifted hard left, it's more due to the politics of the transplants moving in than weed.

A big problem is, yes, many of them move to another state to escape the over the top left wing extremism of their home state.
    BUT their own politics is STILL to the left of the state they move to.

i.e. Many will still vote Democrat in their new state, but justify it by thinking the Democrats in their new state aren't as extreme as their old state, so they STILL shift the new state to the left over time.

In many of these states, I suspect that homeless people ****ting on sidewalks did not become common because weed was legalized. I suspect that theft isn't rampant because weed was legalized. I suspect that depravity in general isn't increasing because weed was legalized. I think progressive policies are the chief factors in all those things.

But, I think we have to admit that legalizing weed is more common in blue states than red. So that's a more progressive policy than conservative. I can't say for sure it is not a factor in a state collapsing. Those other factors definitely are.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    In many of these states, I suspect that homeless people ****ting on sidewalks did not become common because weed was legalized. I suspect that theft isn't rampant because weed was legalized. I suspect that depravity in general isn't increasing because weed was legalized. I think progressive policies are the chief factors in all those things.

But, I think we have to admit that legalizing weed is more common in blue states than red. So that's a more progressive policy than conservative. I can't say for sure it is not a factor in a state collapsing. Those other factors definitely are.
    Certainly I agree that there's a greater chance of more lenient marijuana laws in Democrat run states.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    California has had recreational crutch the longest, so according to my theory they will be the most debased. If Californians are ruining Colorado, it just is further proof of my contention

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Is it somehow beyond the realm of possibility that widespread recreational use of weed lulls its adherents into a torpor or stupor that allows uber progressive policies to take root for lack of functional opposition?

Top Bottom