Illinois: The most dysfunctional state in America?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    The most dysfunctional state in America? Soaring unemployment, sky-rocketing debt and punishing taxes send residents fleeing <<< Link

The situation in Illinois follows similar trends in New York and California, which have both lost hundreds of thousands of residents in recent years - with many of those relocating to low tax, red states like Florida and Texas.

Please, please, if you come to Indiana then leave your stupid Illinois politics behind. Don't bring your dysfunction ideas here to ruin our state.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I always had Indiana values and that is how I always voted. I had a litmus test based on 2A values, I found the best on 2A were almost aways best on most conservative values. The problem was none of my beliefs mattered because of the voting block in Chicago and Cook county.
    I have friends still in Illinois wanting to come here if they can find a place that works for them. All of these people will bring values and attitude similar to mine and I am sure they will be welcome. Of course there are some that are so stupid to bring their voting pattern with them. Too bad there isn't a way to close the border to them. Jim.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I hate saying this but I am near the open border near Chicago. I am about 15 miles in but from the state line East they are building housing as fast as they can. My area is pretty much all built up but pretty much every time a place is sold the new people are fleeing everything they voted for and bringing their voting attitudes here with them.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I hate saying this but I am near the open border near Chicago. I am about 15 miles in but from the state line East they are building housing as fast as they can. My area is pretty much all built up but pretty much every time a place is sold the new people are fleeing everything they voted for and bringing their voting attitudes here with them.
    Maybe we should close our border and require “re-education“ before they are allowed to enter.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That's how most of North Lake County already is

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Well I will say this. Blue Nashville TN is slowly turning purple. I had met many people from NY, CA, and Illinois moving to Nashville to escape the blue. Most if not all were actually republicans. What bothered me wasn't that they were bring bad voting choices, but some bad crap that the local commies were pulling, these people didn't think was really bad. I kept hearing "You should see what happens back home, this isn't as bad as there".

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I fled Illinois due to the left-wing politics. The best move I've ever made... I miss many good friends and a few other things (like the best pizza) but could never go back.

But, also as mentioned above, Illinois isn't even close to the level of disfunction of California or New York.
    Don't you need a permit to buy Ammo? lol, I feel they make up for it in other ways. Still a state for me to stay clear of.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Don't you need a permit to buy Ammo? lol, I feel they make up for it in other ways. Still a state for me to stay clear of.
    You need a FOID card to even pick up a box or single round of ammo, an exception is if you are under the direct supervision of a firearms instructor. Not for sure but I think they now have to call to check if the FOID is current. That is just so the state knows if you buy a good amount of ammo. Jim.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    You need a FOID card to even pick up a box or single round of ammo, an exception is if you are under the direct supervision of a firearms instructor. Not for sure but I think they now have to call to check if the FOID is current. That is just so the state knows if you buy a good amount of ammo. Jim.
    My point.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I’m only two miles from the red curtain, it’s rough over there! Seriously rural Illinois and rural Indiana are the same, just that they are way bigger but have Chicago.

In 2020 more people voted for Trump in Illinois than people voted in Indiana.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    My point.

I lived in Illinois for > 40 years and know their gun laws. While the laws are not good, they are nothing compared to the disfunction that is California. You get a FOID card once, and then renew it every 10 years. It's a PITA, but a minor one. I was able to buy ammo online at good prices to my heart's content without any additional restrictions. That is decidedly not the case in California.

Carry is better in Illinois. While they have a list of statutory "gun free zones", you can still carry most places you go day-to-day (unlike CA which has banned virtually the entire state; current court case ongoing on enforcement). Illinois has been "shall-issue" since 2013. While they did pass the disgraceful AWB, it's still better than CA which has a small list of "allowed" guns with everything else illegal. This is just off the top of my head; there's a lot more...

And New York is no better. New York has no legal way for an out-of-state resident to transport (let alone carry) even an unloaded firearm into the state. They sometimes arrest people in violation of USC 926A. (At least Illinois specifically carved out carry by non-residents in their car as legal with a valid home-state license. One of the very few bright spots in Illinois' reciprocity.)

Please be clear: In no way am I sticking up for Illinois. I left, and with good reason. But it is worlds freer than California, New York, New Jersey, or Hawaii. There is a marked difference between "bad" and "abysmal".

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I lived in Illinois for > 40 years and know their gun laws. While the laws are not good, they are nothing compared to the disfunction that is California. You get a FOID card once, and then renew it every 10 years. It's a PITA, but a minor one. I was able to buy ammo online at good prices to my heart's content without any additional restrictions. That is decidedly not the case in California.

Carry is better in Illinois. While they have a list of statutory "gun free zones", you can still carry most places you go day-to-day (unlike CA which has banned virtually the entire state; current court case ongoing on enforcement). Illinois has been "shall-issue" since 2013. While they did pass the disgraceful AWB, it's still better than CA which has a small list of "allowed" guns with everything else illegal. This is just off the top of my head; there's a lot more...

And New York is no better. New York has no legal way for an out-of-state resident to transport (let alone carry) even an unloaded firearm into the state. They sometimes arrest people in violation of USC 926A. (At least Illinois specifically carved out carry by non-residents in their car as legal with a valid home-state license. One of the very few bright spots in Illinois' reciprocity.)

Please be clear: In no way am I sticking up for Illinois. I left, and with good reason. But it is worlds freer than California, New York, New Jersey, or Hawaii. There is a marked difference between "bad" and "abysmal".
    I didn't think you were. My point is the fact that Illinois is another commie state against the 2 A. Like you have to have the FOID card to buy ammo, but to vote..... No need for ID!! lol

Top Bottom