• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    "Most of the claims for deaths being filed are not classified as COVID-19 deaths, Davison said."

Ok then, what are they classified as?

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    My best guess would be murders :dunno:

I’m still ‘new’ to the area (SE Indy), and I’ve never lived in a place with so many murders in my life (including Phoenix and L.A.)

It fees like literally every other person gets murdered here...that and tractor accidents (which are typically some of the most gruesome deaths I’ve ever heard of, unfortunately).

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    My best guess would be murders :dunno:

I’m still ‘new’ to the area (SE Indy), and I’ve never lived in a place with so many murders in my life (including Phoenix and L.A.)

It’s like literally every other person gets murdered here...that and tractor accidents (which are typically some of the most gruesome deaths I’ve ever heard of, unfortunately).
    Senseless violence can affect anyone, sure. But most of Indy's murders appear to be mugshot on mugshot violence. There were stories published last year that demonstrated 75% of the murderers and victims were known to law enforcement. Random acts of violence are hard to gird against. But the more mundane and routine click-click-boom seems to occur at locations I do not travel at a time I would not be traveling there.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Senseless violence can affect anyone, sure. But most of Indy's murders appear to be mugshot on mugshot violence. There were stories published last year that demonstrated 75% of the murderers and victims were known to law enforcement. Random acts of violence are hard to gird against. But the more mundane and routine click-click-boom seems to occur at locations I do not travel at a time I would not be traveling there.

Getting a mugshot can be dangerous... Lots of murdered folks seem to have one.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Fentanyl is the culprit. Full-stop.

And it wouldn't be if the government would stop being so ridiculous about controlled substances.

What do law makers expect to happen when doctors create addicts, do not treat their addiction, and then cut them off because of a law being passed? Or refuse to treat people for problems, causing them to go self medicate with what ever they can find on the street.

But I'd expect nothing less from the people who can't seem to comprehend basic math. After all, these are the same people who think banning guns stops guns from proliferating.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    The numbers don’t mean as much as being pushed.

This is only talking about the population that has life insurance through their job.

I don’t know off-hand how representative that population is to the entire population.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The numbers don’t mean as much as being pushed.

This is only talking about the population that has life insurance through their job.

I don’t know off-hand how representative that population is to the entire population.
    Very good observation.

Also interesting that overall reported deaths aren't anywhere near his numbers.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    * Much of the above

- Fentanyl poisoning is the leading cause of death in many age groups today.
    - The Baby-Boom generation's death rate is increasing as we get older.
    - Statistically and historically, there are twice as many suicides as homicides.
    - Homicide rates are off the charts across the country.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I noticed the lack of definitive reasons for death in the stats. What I found interesting was that it was in the working age group 18-64.

According to the article they are a large insurer of employers. So it would tend to be employed working age people.

Not sure if any of this ties into being quarantined or working from home during covid.

Don

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Let us not forget that it is generally understood that when unemployment goes up 1% in the United States, 40,000 people die. There are a variety of factors here: depression, drug usage, drinking, heart attack and stroke due to stress, suicide, etc.

Let us also remember that the stress level of everyone is up due to the media's over dramatization of this. I will say that I do believe that it is an important topic to discuss and cover, but not to the constancy that it has been. Men went insane in the trenches of WWI with artillery bombardments that could last days. Bring this forward that it isn't artillery that could kill us but monthes of fearmongering.

When I took an OSHA class in college STRESS was considered one of the top, if not THE top contributor to workplace injuries and death. It doesn't need to be work related either. Your kid has been diagnosed with cancer. You want to be there for them - but you have to work to keep the health insurance in force. Distracted maybe? The transmission blew on your spouses car and you can't come up with the money to fix it or sell it as it still has a loan. Distracted maybe?

All of these and other stressors contribute to our overall health. The worker with a sick kid or stressed about bills may not pay attention and run the red light. While a car accident fatality occurred it was really the stress and worry that kept the driver from paying attention to the light change.

So we wind up with a year of not mass hysteria but something similar. And no one will take responsibility to contributing to our higher blood pressure, higher stress level, lower employment rates, stress from supply chain delays, etc etc etc.

Regards,

Doug

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Let us not forget that it is generally understood that when unemployment goes up 1% in the United States, 40,000 people die. There are a variety of factors here: depression, drug usage, drinking, heart attack and stroke due to stress, suicide, etc.

Let us also remember that the stress level of everyone is up due to the media's over dramatization of this. I will say that I do believe that it is an important topic to discuss and cover, but not to the constancy that it has been. Men went insane in the trenches of WWI with artillery bombardments that could last days. Bring this forward that it isn't artillery that could kill us but monthes of fearmongering.

When I took an OSHA class in college STRESS was considered one of the top, if not THE top contributor to workplace injuries and death. It doesn't need to be work related either. Your kid has been diagnosed with cancer. You want to be there for them - but you have to work to keep the health insurance in force. Distracted maybe? The transmission blew on your spouses car and you can't come up with the money to fix it or sell it as it still has a loan. Distracted maybe?

All of these and other stressors contribute to our overall health. The worker with a sick kid or stressed about bills may not pay attention and run the red light. While a car accident fatality occurred it was really the stress and worry that kept the driver from paying attention to the light change.

So we wind up with a year of not mass hysteria but something similar. And no one will take responsibility to contributing to our higher blood pressure, higher stress level, lower employment rates, stress from supply chain delays, etc etc etc.

Regards,

Doug

Be interesting to do a comparison between Holcomb's "governing" vs DeSantis and or Noem's, eh?

How do their similar death rates compare?

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)

Regards,

Doug
    To add to this, 'deferred maintenance' of medical issues will claim untold lives. Those who wouldn't go to the ER when there was a medical concern for fear of catching Covid. Those who's doctor's office encouraged TeleHealth visits rather than in person visits...and something was missed. Those are harder to quantify. Had a close friend who missed her mamo because of stress and preoccupation with a health concern of her spouse. Delayed her diagnosis by at least six months when she found a lump. Her surgery was nearly delayed due to Covid protocols cancelling 'elective' surgeries, radiation and chemo took longer to get done also...

When people decide to turn off the TV/Radio/Podcast and live their lives we will see less of this. Until that day, advocate for your loved ones and encourage them to seek care if/when needed. Fear can be debilitating for many, be educated and aware. :twocents:

Top Bottom