The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    So, the neighbor started yelling for me frantically this afternoon. This was in the little shed next to the chicken coop. It’s where they keep the feed. And the mice.

View attachment 350763
    If there's a skin left I would reimburse the exterminator for his efforts. Need a copperhead skin for some grips for the CZ Copperhead.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I think that there's a huge amount of history that's yet to be discovered.
    Like everyone, I wish that I had some answers.
    We only know what we know until we know what we don't know.

or to quote Donnie...

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

Donald Rumsfeld

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I think that there's a huge amount of history that's yet to be discovered.
    Like everyone, I wish that I had some answers.
    Not sure if you listen to Joe Rogan, he was just on there, set up with an opposing view kind of guest.
    It wasn’t my favorite listen from him, as they got down into the weeds technically over my head, plus I was in my shop sanding on body panels and couldn’t hear everything.
    He is also on Jordan Peterson some which I have thoroughly enjoyed.

I’ve enjoyed his audiobooks the most though.

If I had to choose him or the rest of mainstream archaeology, I’d probably choose him. But what do I know.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Rogan is cool ... I'm familiar, DM.
    With my hearing, it's hard for me to listen to podcasts, and similar.

I do watch a lot of the shows on the Science channel, and National Geographic channel (close-captioned). With the rather recent LIDAR technology, they've been able to dig deeper into the past.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Success! My PCR is officially back in my hands.

My daughter went for the P-07 swap (Thank you, @Born2vette). The ambidexterous controls worked as expected to win her over. She also really liked the .22LR Kadet Kit.

We also figured out the likely culprit for why she tends to shoot low right ... she's naturally right handed, but left eye dominent, so has always shot left handed ... it appears that when she's tired, her right hand (support hand) starts taking over and the shots get pulled low right. Not a problem with a rifle or shotgun, but with a pistol it's a big deal.

Also managed to get the Parrot red dot zeroed at 10 yds. Now to figure out what happens to a 9mm round at different yardages with a 10 yd. zero. Not sure that I really like the C-More red dot that came with this pistol. No click adjustments, so it was a lot of guessing how far to turn the adjustment screws. All worked out, but not my cut of tea.

Any recommendations for a replacement red dot?

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

My daughter went for the P-07 swap (Thank you, @Born2vette). The ambidexterous controls worked as expected to win her over. She also really liked the .22LR Kadet Kit.

We also figured out the likely culprit for why she tends to shoot low right ... she's naturally right handed, but left eye dominent, so has always shot left handed ... it appears that when she's tired, her right hand (support hand) starts taking over and the shots get pulled low right. Not a problem with a rifle or shotgun, but with a pistol it's a big deal.

Also managed to get the Parrot red dot zeroed at 10 yds. Now to figure out what happens to a 9mm round at different yardages with a 10 yd. zero. Not sure that I really like the C-More red dot that came with this pistol. No click adjustments, so it was a lot of guessing how far to turn the adjustment screws. All worked out, but not my cut of tea.

Glad she likes the P07 setup. I am not familiar enough with the Parrot to offer suggestions (frame mounted dot mount, correct?), however I really like my 507comp. you would likely need a c-more to rmr conversion plate.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Depending on your mounting bracket - I'd probably start with Trijicon SRO, Holosun 507Comp or DPP? Sig makes a MAX something (too lazy too google)....don't know anything about it but maybe worth a look?

Parrot - what a cool gun!

EDIT: ok....I had to goggle the Sig stuff.....don't know a thing about them....you should buy one and give us a review. We don't know until we know and we won't know unless you do. You know?

1714950155314.png

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Not sure if you listen to Joe Rogan, he was just on there, set up with an opposing view kind of guest.
    It wasn’t my favorite listen from him, as they got down into the weeds technically over my head, plus I was in my shop sanding on body panels and couldn’t hear everything.
    He is also on Jordan Peterson some which I have thoroughly enjoyed.

I’ve enjoyed his audiobooks the most though.

If I had to choose him or the rest of mainstream archaeology, I’d probably choose him. But what do I know.
    I listen to JRE when he's not talking to comedians. That's a loony bunch. Except Ron White. I'll listen to Ron White.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Cleaned the Stribog and AP5. Very impressed with the Stribog inside and out. Trigger pull is just over 5lbs and "AR like" in how it feels. AP5 was easy to strip apart and clean, kinda neat seeing a fluted chamber in person for the first time. I really dig the simplicity and nostalgic feel of the gun. Trigger pull is almost 7lbs and "AK like" in how it feels.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Accomplished some more cerakote work today. Did some slide ports on the Dan Wesson A2 Commander (CM's old carry gun) and hit it with Graphite Black. Not perfect, still learning, but I did a little better with coating thickness this time.

No, the texture does not match the frame. Let's just get that statement out of the way.
    :)

1000006435.jpg 1000006429.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm going to be here until 1 A.M. again .... it's still weekend !
    Finally picked up a macro focusing rail for the camera. It'll make macro shooting easier, and more precise. One full revolution of the knob, moves the camera 1mm.

i-j6LV97K-XL.jpg
    Oooohhh, yet another thing I didn't know existed an hour ago, yet is now on my :must have: list

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom