The Funny Picture/Video Thread, 15th Edition: Be more like Coleman.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I was just trying to see if you were talking about top speed or throttle. :):
    Even when I was racing there were darn few corners that could be taken at top speed and they were mostly just dog-legs in a straightaway (MId-Ohio's turn 3, for example). Most of the time it's just hard on the brakes as late as you dare while selecting the gear you want to exit in, apex and then begin to feed in progressive throttle. Even on the track (other than qualifying), it is usually the presence of another vehicle, either attempting to pass or being passed, that pushes things into or above 9/10ths. Nothing like having someone dive inside you just before you try to apex when you already left your braking later than you should have

I can tell you two things I learned. One is the answer to understeer in a front wheel drive car is more throttle and more steering input - to levels that seem ridiculous - and then be ready to correct when it snaps back into some sort of useable line (if it does) and two the most important thing about a trip into the grass is to keep it from getting sideways to the direction of travel (a lot of power still going to the front wheels is useful here, also). Lifting is almost always a recipe for disaster

Note that this sort of thing is done in a 5-point with a roll cage, wide grassy run-offs with a gravel pit and tire wall when space runs out. Trying to drive like that on regular roads in regular cars will get you killed, but every now and then thinking you're lower in the performance envelope than you actually are can surprise you. Usually there isn't enough time to really appreciate how terrified you should be, so there's that

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom