• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The first one to score a meaningful hit on there opponents usually win the gunfight. Speed is of the essence but not at the sacrifice of accuracy. If your gonna do it you better be good at it.
    That FIBS Thing is real
    "Shooting at a man who is returning the compliment means going into action with the greatest speed of which a man's muscles are capable, but mentally unflustered by an urge to hurry or the need for complicated nervous and muscular actions which trick shooting involves." - Wyatt Earp

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    "Hip shooting, really instinctive pointing, is one phase of the pistol shooting game anyone can learn in time. Once mastered, along with quick draw, it will stay with you for life. You may get rusty over time. but you will always be able to do creditable work."

Elmer Keith

“Sixguns” (1961)

1713482987876.png

1713482968010.png

Reactions: Mij

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    This is the best explanation for hip shooting, I think. The video is about point shooting, but at around 1:50 into the video, he does some hip shooting and had some explanations. In one of our courses of fire in Blythe's pistol league, we do some close-up hip shooting, just to get the feel of it. I added that, because sometimes in cowboy action matches we shoot like that. I wanted to get some practice, and it is fun.

Top Bottom