• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    In the past always used a canvas style case where the O/U is stored in one piece. Will continue using these for travel. Considering a hard case for in home storage. One where the shotgun is broken down. Figured putting desiccants into the case to control moisture. Thoughts ?? Anyone store there O/U in a hard case?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I prefer assembled and barrel down so the oil drains down and not into the action. And a light coat of oil on the outside. I don't trust any cases that can hold moisture. I don't store my revolvers in the display cases. I do like the fancy cases but not for storage, just because they're fancy.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I prefer assembled and barrel down so the oil drains down and not into the action. And a light coat of oil on the outside. I don't trust any cases that can hold moisture. I don't store my revolvers in the display cases. I do like the fancy cases but not for storage, just because they're fancy.

I agree.

I don't like storing anything in cases either. They tend to trap moisture and cause problems.

I just give them a light coat of oil, put them in a gun sock, and place them barrel down also.

I like the socks because it keeps them from getting dinged up while being stacked and unstacked in the safe.

Top Bottom