• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 812 rimfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2024
    Anyone shoot nrl22 matches at hoosier hills or prs 22 matches at friendship indiana just curious on others opinions on either location and cost to shoot matches at either location

Tradesylver

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2024
    Brown County
    I shot my first NRL22 match at HHRP in March, the cost was minimal maybe 15$, I'd never shot a match like that, it was explained well and we were setup in teams of five, six if you had a spotter. I showed up unprepared since I had no idea what to expect. One of the regulars lent me a spare rifle and ammo and got me started. We all shot the same course of fire, but there are two or three levels of shooters. Next time I go I think I'll shoot in the over 60 crowd. I really enjoyed the shoot so much that I'm getting rid of some safe queens to finance a new 22 setup.

This weekend is the NRL22x, but it's on Sunday, so I might not make it until after church. I'd like to see what that's about. HHRP is great club, nice location and the few times I've been to the range I've met some nice folks. As a life member to NMLRA I'm down there several times a years. Nice facility but I haven't been to any 22 matches there, that could change as I put together a new 22 setup.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I shot my first NRL22 match at HHRP in March, the cost was minimal maybe 15$, I'd never shot a match like that, it was explained well and we were setup in teams of five, six if you had a spotter. I showed up unprepared since I had no idea what to expect. One of the regulars lent me a spare rifle and ammo and got me started. We all shot the same course of fire, but there are two or three levels of shooters. Next time I go I think I'll shoot in the over 60 crowd. I really enjoyed the shoot so much that I'm getting rid of some safe queens to finance a new 22 setup.

This weekend is the NRL22x, but it's on Sunday, so I might not make it until after church. I'd like to see what that's about. HHRP is great club, nice location and the few times I've been to the range I've met some nice folks. As a life member to NMLRA I'm down there several times a years. Nice facility but I haven't been to any 22 matches there, that could change as I put together a new 22 setup.

I haven't done one yet and would like to but it looks like Sunday's is $75. Not sure I want to spend that on my first attempt.

Tradesylver

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2024
    Brown County
    I haven't done one yet and would like to but it looks like Sunday's is $75. Not sure I want to spend that on my first attempt.
    The first Saturday of the month if I'm correct is the regular NRL22 match at the club. The one this weekend is a pretty serious shoot and beyond my capabilities at this point.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    There are a couple other NRL22 and HHRP threads around, you can check them too. I'm partial since I'm president of the club but there are a few other people that have chimed in too.

NRL22 at HHRP is the 1st Saturday each month. Cost is $15 if you aren't a HHRP club member. We like to be as friendly and open to newcomers as possible. As mentioned, loaner rifles are available with warning and most guys will be willing to share bags, binoculars, mats, etc with a new shooter.

As mentioned, the NRL22X and PRS matches like the one this past Sunday are NOT beginner matches. we're shooting .22lr almost 300yd and zero coaching is allowed, you need to have a good gun, good ammo, and know how to use it.

I've never been to friendship but I know several guys that do go down there and enjoy it.

Top Bottom