Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

Any members making nylon tactical kit?

I’ve got a relatively simple piece of nylon gear that I need to have made. Just wondering if we have any members here to do that sort of thing?
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

User Info Menu

I'm no help, but curious of what you need made. Maybe I need one too!
    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee makes Beetlejuice look like a *****!

User Info Menu

Professionally? no. But I do like to sew, repair, make camping and tactical gear. If you just need a prototype or something for purely functional purposes I'd be happy to look at it.
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

User Info Menu

There was an officer on here that I bought a Beretta off of that did handmade leather holsters that had a commercial sewing machine. Can't remember his user name (I'm a grandpa so figures).
    Naphtali Lodge 389 Kokomo, IN

Hard luck is my only luck...
    Not your average Korean Hillbilly
    Tactical Chia Pet
    2012 FXDF (Fatbob)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KokomoDave View Post
    There was an officer on here that I bought a Beretta off of that did handmade leather holsters that had a commercial sewing machine. Can't remember his user name (I'm a grandpa so figures).
    That reminds me of another possible contact. I THINK (if I remember correctly) member Blackhawk2001 has an industrial sewing machine. He helped me with tough fabric repairs when I did the backpack group buy back in 2012.
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

Hop

User Info Menu

Alex Tailor shop in Castleton did my SOE belt modifications. Sonia & Luz have an industrial sewing machine but said that belt was really tough to get through.

http://www.alextailorshop.com/

Revere's Riders Instructor - Master Rifle KD, Master Pistol

NRA Pistol instructor | NRA Rifle instructor | NRA RSO
    Classes and info here: https://www.reveresriders.org/

Plinker

User Info Menu

Check with dirt bears rifle gear. They’re on Facebook. Out of Plymouth I believe. Not sure if he does custom work but he might.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jzim View Post
    Check with dirt bears rifle gear. They’re on Facebook. Out of Plymouth I believe. Not sure if he does custom work but he might.
    I have a bunch of his stuff, but he disappeared about eighteen months ago off Facebook and doesn't seem to be making anything anymore. Last time I was over at his place he said his job was picking up and he was working crazy long hours, so I can only guess that he just abandoned the sewing gig.

I've actually been looking for someone else to work with on gear since he isn't doing it anymore.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Dang I never got a chance to pick one of his packs up. They seemed like some pretty quality gear.

User Info Menu

I have one of his packs and it's nice. I just never use it since it's a lot bigger than anything I really need.

Medium speed. Moderate drag.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast