Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reloading Milestone

I started out loading 40S&W a little over 3 years ago this month and finally hit 2k loaded rounds this evening. There have been a few hiccups in the process, but for the most part I would definitely call it a success. Same recipe that I started with is still going strong today. So far I have kept my empty primer boxes as a way to count my reloads.

How many rounds have each of you loaded? Technically I'm at 2330 after I started 45ACP and 6.5G. Being in my mid 20s I hope to have many years left and many more milestones hit!
    Trevor | NRA Life Member

Expert
    what kind of equipment are you loading on? That will definitely effect the number of rounds you load at a time. I just added a Dillon 550 to the bench and the expense keeps adding up.... more quick change tool heads and other accessories are on the way and my Visa is screaming for mercy!

Plinker
    Been reloading for about 5 years. Have a Dillon 550 and recently acquired a Dillon 650, I load somewhere between 1k and 1.5k a month of various rounds. Have no idea how many I've loaded in total!

Quote Originally Posted by DocIndy View Post
    what kind of equipment are you loading on? That will definitely effect the number of rounds you load at a time. I just added a Dillon 550 to the bench and the expense keeps adding up.... more quick change tool heads and other accessories are on the way and my Visa is screaming for mercy!
    My only press has been a Dillon 550. I knew it would eventually pay for itself. So with that knowledge I realize that it isn't all that many rounds, but its been a fun process along the way.
    Trevor | NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by King31 View Post
    I started out loading 40S&W a little over 3 years ago this month and finally hit 2k loaded rounds this evening. There have been a few hiccups in the process, but for the most part I would definitely call it a success. Same recipe that I started with is still going strong today. So far I have kept my empty primer boxes as a way to count my reloads.

How many rounds have each of you loaded? Technically I'm at 2330 after I started 45ACP and 6.5G. Being in my mid 20s I hope to have many years left and many more milestones hit!
    Congrats on the milestone. Some of us have been at it a bit longer though and have lost track of such numbers. I've done this for over 50 years and nowadays 3,000 45s in a day isn't unheard of. Stick with it and keep learning (I still do) but most of all keep safe.

Congratulations! You are doing great! The most important thing is to make your ammo safely and that they work better than factory ammo, so if that is happening, that you are golden!

I am at about 14K rounds a year nowadays.
    James

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte~

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

I started on a Lee single stage about 15 years ago. Added a used Dillon Square Deal press. Just sold everything I owned and started over including guns.

Consolidation has been great! Running a Dillon 650 now and an RCBS turret off to the side. The 650 helps the time burglar aspect of loading.

No idea on numbers of rounds. Wish I would have started loading sooner. Hurts to think of all the buckets of brass I dumped into the trash years ago when I was shooting four times a week.
    I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on.

I see some of the posters in this thread do not know how many rounds they have loaded. I am in IT and have been detail oriented (anal) for a long time. I started keeping track of how many primers I use. I mark down each time I use 1000 primers. I keep track by large/small and rifle/pistol primers. I total how many I load each year. The data is in a spreadsheet. I also keep track of primer and bullet inventory I have on hand and update that when I finish a box of bullets or primers. I do not have any type of counter.

I suggest you keep track of bullets or primers used and you can keep track of your annual reloading production, as well as inventory if you are so inclined. It may have been interesting to keep track of how many pounds of powder I used too, but did not feel the need at the time.

I'm at 15,000 rounds of 9 mm on a Lee Classic Turret press.
    Sons of the American Revolution . . . .We're still here

Quote Originally Posted by Whip_McCord View Post
    I see some of the posters in this thread do not know how many rounds they have loaded. I am in IT and have been detail oriented (anal) for a long time. I started keeping track of how many primers I use. I mark down each time I use 1000 primers. I keep track by large/small and rifle/pistol primers. I total how many I load each year. The data is in a spreadsheet. I also keep track of primer and bullet inventory I have on hand and update that when I finish a box of bullets or primers. I do not have any type of counter.

I suggest you keep track of bullets or primers used and you can keep track of your annual reloading production, as well as inventory if you are so inclined. It may have been interesting to keep track of how many pounds of powder I used too, but did not feel the need at the time.

I keep a written log as well as an Excel spreadsheet for every load I make and keep extensive records including any chrony data that I collect. I am pretty anal as well!!!
    James

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte~

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast