Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Case Tumblers

User Info Menu

Case Tumblers

For those you who have been using case tumblers for a while... which one(s) are worth the money?
    "How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!?!?!"

User Info Menu

I've had this one for quite some time now and I bought it used. Seems to work well but I have nothing to compare it to.

Anything is possible

Marksman

User Info Menu

Wet or dry?

I canít comment on wet, but I have a dry Frankford Arsenal model and a Graf and Sons branded one about the same size. Both in the $40 price range. The FA one is several years old and has been worked hard. Both are loud enough that I run them on a timer while Iím at work.

As much as Iíd like a big Dillon tumbler, I can have a fleet of these small ones that add up to more capacity for the same money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have a STM wet tumbler, a Lyman Turbo Tumbler and a sonic cleaner and each one has its plus and minus when it comes to cleaning.

Wet tumbling will get the cases the cleanest but can peen the case mouths so I trim and deburr after each wet tumbling.

Vibratory tumblers are the simplest to use but you can have media stuck in the flash holes and a dust problem. I have had three vibratory tumblers and the Lyman I have now cleans faster and better than any type I had before.

Sonic cleaning will clean the cases very well but the cases will not have the "bling" of wet tumbling with stainless steel media. And sonic cleaning is my prefered cleaning method. I bought a $80.00 clone of the Lyman sonic cleaner on Amazon, and use dishwashing liquid and LemiShine with good results.

When I use my vibratory tumbler I use untreated pet store lizard litter with Nu Finish car polish.
    Last edited by bigedp51; 3 Weeks Ago at 14:41.

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

I use the Frankford Arsenal wet tumbler, mostly without media.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

FA Wet Tumbler is the bee's knee's. More time involved, but gives fantastically clean brass.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    I've had this one for quite some time now and I bought it used. Seems to work well but I have nothing to compare it to.

I have one very similar. Works well.
    It's ok! I'm an INGO member!

Todd Young (R-IN)
    https://www.young.senate.gov/contact

Mike Braun (R-IN)
    https://www.braun.senate.gov/contact-mike

Find your U.S. Rep
    http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Foreigner in a Foreign Land 76Too's Avatar

User Info Menu

another one for Frankford Arsenal. It's the only one i've ever had and has cleaned thousands of cases (9mm to 30-06) with both walnut (with nu finish) and treated corn cob. DEFINITELY the most cost effective option (i think they're all of $35!)

no complaints here. for the extra time involved in wet tumbling and sonic cleaning, I could be competing another step in the reloading process. while i'll admit, nothing comes close to the aesthetics of wet tumbled brass, i'm more of a 'function over form' kinda guy and basically only tumble to get dirt/debris/caked carbon off the old brass.

I always tumble with primers loaded and never have an issue with pockets getting blocked. That being said, i DID have a run of my 'match' -'06 go through the tumbler without primers, and I just loaded as normal...everything shot and it was all just as accurate as the next/previous batches.

User Info Menu

I've got a 22 year old Midway vibratory tumbler it's worked fine all these years.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

I think I'll try the frankford arsenal one, hopefully it will work out fine.

"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!?!?!"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast