• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    I bought the Frankford Arsenal kit in 1990 and has worked fine for me. Since then I've bought the Lyman 1200 and 1200 turbo off of craigslist in deals. Now I have one with walnut, one with corncob with polish and one with rice. In 2005 I saw a wet tumbler made from a tread mill. So I cut the frame down to hold an 8" PVC cylinder. Even made an 8" cylinder with screened windows to cool dry the cases with a squirrel cage fan behind it.

cjcycles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Ft Wayne
    Another blue vote

I’ve been using a Dillon cv 500 for years. Just bought the big CV2001. Getting ready for a new RL1100 LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guinnb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2018
    Columbus
    Just my 2c. Literally all it’s worth..

I have two dry vibratory tumblers that only see powder coating duty now. After changing to my FA wet tumbler I’ll never be going back to dry. Especially since I got a cheap dehydrator from Walmart and added a wall timer to it. Brass is so much cleaner esp in the primer pockets.

Having used dry tumblers for 20 years (cob, walnut, and polish) I’m now totally sold on wet tumblers. I still use the SS pins for 95% of what I tumble. Again, just my experience and likes.

cjcycles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Ft Wayne
    Im liking the capacity of the CV2001.
    f8a47a6868919797905661586071f241.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 15, 2019
    Union
    I use a rock tumber for wet tumbling.It has a fuse in the motor if it ere to loose power and restart .Lortone 33b.They have a great warranty.The shop I BOUGHT IT AT HAS HAD ONE RUNNING 22 YEARS NON STOP.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Now that about everything has been gone over...

I finally started washing brass. Being a machinist and mostly working in steel, it took me FOREVER to get with that program.
    Wash off/out the range crud, the greasy powder residue, even add something acidic to brighten brass.
    A lot of brass can go right to the processing from washing, which is faster than 'Tumbling'.

I don't confuse cleaning (washing) with polish (dry polish and/or chemicals) and coatings (wax).

From bulk bin to cement mixer, soap & water.
    If they are tarnished, metal pins & acid.

I power strain out the water/pins, screen on the mouth of the mixer drum, and dump dry media right in on damp (not standing water) brass.

The polish media dries the brass, does a little polishing (time dependent) and screens out without dumping the brass, NO WATER SPOTS, less handling.
    If the dry media gets too wet, it dries without supervision, no need to bake and keep an eye on it.

Clumping breaks up about 3 seconds after it gets dumped in with brass, so I don't worry about that either.
    Polish media lasts a LONG time when the brass is already clean, the small amounts of moisture keep dust down.

Once brass is dry, media is power strained out, I dump case lube right in the mixer and tumble a few more minutes.
    The next wash takes care of any left over lube, and everything gets a nice even coat when lube goes in on sponges, no lube inside the cases (unless you want it there).
    I spray wet lube on pistol brass, I like the neck insides lubed, then let the lube dry.

When the brass is ready, simply dump it out on screens, this lets my particular lube choice dry, and shiny brass let's me pick out the odd calibers, mangled cases, loaded rounds, anything that's not supposed to be there.
    If any pins get through (which I don't use a lot), the screen let's them drop.
    Screen on cement mixing pans, cheap & effective.

20 minute wash is usually enough to make once fired range brass clean enough to process.
    With a grease cutting soap, it doesn't take long at all.

Can't say it will work for anyone else, but when I'm doing 25 gallons of brass at a time, it works well for me.

RaoulHayduke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2018
    West of Indy
    Scored an unopened Lyman Turbo Tub o' Media at Goodwill for eight bucks. How bad of an idea is it to pick up a Harbor Freight vibratory tumbler? Are there any better ones that are cost competitive with theirs?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom