Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

I have a Forster trimmer with power adapter, which is a replacement for the hand crank, where a hand drill can be attached. It works very well and is good if you have a variety of rifle caliber brass to trim. After trimming, you need to debur the inside and outside of the case. I use this: https://www.brownells.com/reloading/...054-66387.aspx If you have a lot of the same caliber rifle brass, you might want to go with the Little Crow WFT. I have a similar one that I chuck into my bench press for .223. The Giraud is great if you are really needing to do a very large quantity of .223 or .308 brass, but the cost of the thing is a consideration. It's kind of like racing: How fast you want to go depends upon how much money you want to invest.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BE Mike View Post
    I have a Forster trimmer with power adapter, which is a replacement for the hand crank, where a hand drill can be attached. It works very well and is good if you have a variety of rifle caliber brass to trim. After trimming, you need to debur the inside and outside of the case. I use this: https://www.brownells.com/reloading/...054-66387.aspx If you have a lot of the same caliber rifle brass, you might want to go with the Little Crow WFT. I have a similar one that I chuck into my bench press for .223. The Giraud is great if you are really needing to do a very large quantity of .223 or .308 brass, but the cost of the thing is a consideration. It's kind of like racing: How fast you want to go depends upon how much money you want to invest.
    so this was kind of my thought when I was looking to purchase right now I really only have the need to trim 2 to 3 cases but in the future I for see myself having several large caliber rifles .308 458 SOCOM and 50 Beowulf and then Maybe down the road Iíll end up with 6.5 Creedmoor and some others.

I received the Forster yesterday and really like it itís a nice tremor seems accurate nice and sharp itís really no effort at all takes the tram and itís not gonna bother me if it takes me a little longer to trim cases I do have a chamfer and Deburer that goes into a drill so that part will go a little faster

User Info Menu

Here is what I did, using the Giraud Tri-Way:

https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/a...0=#post6947816
    James

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte~

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doublehelix View Post

very cool!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doublehelix View Post

I stole this idea^
    It works great
    "Courage is Being Scared to Death, but Saddling up Anyway" - John Wayne
    INGO# 3207

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7hatGuy View Post
    very cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by red_zr24x4 View Post
    I stole this idea^
    It works great

Glad to hear it! It really made a difference for me.
    James

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte~

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface View Post
    Giruad triway mounted on a cordless drill, itís the best money I have spent in the reloading category. I can trim, chamfer and debut about 500 cases in the amount of time it takes to watch one episode of Married with children. I had the WFT and I sold it because it wasnít has good as the Giruad.
    This is why I'm holding out for Giraud. But then I have limited myseld to a few calibers, so it's easier for me.
    H

Plinker

User Info Menu

Have a Giraud Triway in 223 and 308, love them and saves a lot of time.

User Info Menu

I just finished 100 pcs on my Hornady lathe style trimmer and chamfered on the rcbs prep center. I'm so over this process after doing it this way for many years. I just ordered 3 calibers of the Giraud Tri-way trimmers. So looking forward to streamlining the process and making case prep more enjoyable.
    'I dont know what a gun free zone is. Ive never been to one. As soon as I arrive, it ceases to be one' - Ted Nugent

User Info Menu

Love my tri-way

"Courage is Being Scared to Death, but Saddling up Anyway" - John Wayne
    INGO# 3207

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast