• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have a Forster trimmer with power adapter, which is a replacement for the hand crank, where a hand drill can be attached. It works very well and is good if you have a variety of rifle caliber brass to trim. After trimming, you need to debur the inside and outside of the case. I use this: https://www.brownells.com/reloading...ing-tool-holder-sku749002628-34054-66387.aspx If you have a lot of the same caliber rifle brass, you might want to go with the Little Crow WFT. I have a similar one that I chuck into my bench press for .223. The Giraud is great if you are really needing to do a very large quantity of .223 or .308 brass, but the cost of the thing is a consideration. It's kind of like racing: How fast you want to go depends upon how much money you want to invest.

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    I have a Forster trimmer with power adapter, which is a replacement for the hand crank, where a hand drill can be attached. It works very well and is good if you have a variety of rifle caliber brass to trim. After trimming, you need to debur the inside and outside of the case. I use this: https://www.brownells.com/reloading...ing-tool-holder-sku749002628-34054-66387.aspx If you have a lot of the same caliber rifle brass, you might want to go with the Little Crow WFT. I have a similar one that I chuck into my bench press for .223. The Giraud is great if you are really needing to do a very large quantity of .223 or .308 brass, but the cost of the thing is a consideration. It's kind of like racing: How fast you want to go depends upon how much money you want to invest.

so this was kind of my thought when I was looking to purchase right now I really only have the need to trim 2 to 3 cases but in the future I for see myself having several large caliber rifles .308 458 SOCOM and 50 Beowulf and then Maybe down the road I’ll end up with 6.5 Creedmoor and some others.

I received the Forster yesterday and really like it it’s a nice tremor seems accurate nice and sharp it’s really no effort at all takes the tram and it’s not gonna bother me if it takes me a little longer to trim cases I do have a chamfer and Deburer that goes into a drill so that part will go a little faster

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Giruad triway mounted on a cordless drill, it’s the best money I have spent in the reloading category. I can trim, chamfer and debut about 500 cases in the amount of time it takes to watch one episode of Married with children. I had the WFT and I sold it because it wasn’t has good as the Giruad.

This is why I'm holding out for Giraud. But then I have limited myseld to a few calibers, so it's easier for me.
    H

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I just finished 100 pcs on my Hornady lathe style trimmer and chamfered on the rcbs prep center. I'm so over this process after doing it this way for many years. I just ordered 3 calibers of the Giraud Tri-way trimmers. So looking forward to streamlining the process and making case prep more enjoyable. :cheers:

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I received my Giraud Tri-way trimmers in the mail yesterday. I just finished a bunch of 223, 308 and 300 Blkout. Amazing the quantity of brass i went through in so little time. Accuracy of the the trim length and chamfer were spot on. They did require setup before using them as they were set abut .013 too short but i didn't mind as it was a good way to learn the tool.

I did notice if i changed the depth then the chamfer would change more to the outside so i had to then adjust the chamfer. Now, when i changed the chamfer the depth would then change because of the depth of the V in the cutter. Kind of crazy but finally found the sweet spot. Good news is i never have to change the settings again unless I change out the cutter which shouldn't be anytime soon.

Top Bottom