• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My wife and I have just about had it with the lack of definition/edging on our myriad mulch beds and are thinking about poured concrete edging.

Anyone have this? Pleased with it? Worth the money? Company recommendations in the Indy area?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have it. Have had ours for probably 8 or 9 years so far. Had it resealed once a couple of years ago. No issues.

Had it at the house before as well, with no issues/no movement.

The company I used this time no longer does it, but you might check Border Magic.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    We have natural edges now... Zero definition. Sucks.

Not mine but similar.

Ywm4Gvg.jpg

I used a shovel like this that I bought at Home Depot for around $30.

K5nnrLE.jpg

The trick I found after the first rain is to have a nice deep edge or the mulch ends up out of the bed. Yeah, I was the tard with a broom sweeping my mulch back into the beds.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Well you could put off that Caribbean vacation and that trip to the redneck Riviera. . . . . .

I've looked at a few different Florida vacations. With airfare, nice hotel, rental car, + meal costs - it'll cost about the same as a trip to Punta Cana. HOWEVER - I didn't look in the Destin area very hard at all.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Not mine but similar.

Ywm4Gvg.jpg

I used a shovel like this that I bought at Home Depot for around $30.

K5nnrLE.jpg

The trick I found after the first rain is to have a nice deep edge or the mulch ends up out of the bed. Yeah, I was the tard with a broom sweeping my mulch back into the beds.

I did commercial lawn/landscape for 18 years, THIS is the way to go, we use a edging machine but the same results can be done with a flat shovel and a skilled hand, matter of fact no one even uses the edging machines now as they have their labor dig the edge by hand, touch it up each spring when you remulch, free free free...

Concrete edging companies come and go, the freeze each winter kills them and they loose money and warranty work, it would work with a quality install in a more stable climate but not Indiana.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I’ve rented a bed edger numerous times to do different beds at different houses. Always looks the best and easy to upkeep with a string trimmer turned upside down. Can’t stand the look of river rock, bricks, or concrete, unless it’s a raised block bed.

Top Bottom