• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Another World War II veteran has passed. He clearly "been there and done that".

"Carl was born October 24, 1922 in Mt. Vernon, IN to the late Karl J. and Arvilla (Thompson) Mann. Carl was a veteran of the United States Army, serving under General George Patton during World War II. He was involved in all five of the major battles of the European Theatre and in the second wave to hit Omaha Beach at Normandy. He worked to free prisoners from two concentration camps and earned 7 Bronze Stars and 3 Purple Hearts during his service to his country. For many years, Carl spoke at local schools on Veteran's Day, and he was blessed to have taken the Honor Flight in October of 2015. He was a member of VFW Post #1114."

Full obituary: https://obits.courierpress.com/obit...y.aspx?n=carl-w-mann&pid=192045478&fhid=24978

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    RIP good sir...If you see Papaw up there tell him we love him and miss him.....

My granddad...The little hillbilly on the far right with the thousand yard stare and the 1934 Beretta hanging from his belt....

D2rsOqFXQAA45gv.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Much respect and gratitude to a real deal. Rest well Sir. You have lived a life of honor and you leave an exemplary legacy.

God bless your eternal soul. :patriot:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    A seat at the feast in Valhalla for this man, a true warrior. Thank you for your service, sir, we are all in your debt. :patriot:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    :patriot:

RIP

What a freaking stud.
    I'm glad he made it back to the US after the war.
    So many GIs died before they could even reach Omaha Beach.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I had the honor to be business partners with a veteran of the Battle of the Bulge. He came back, and lifted up all he associated with, and his name was William T. Tuley. I was blessed to know him. He gave me his p-38 pistol and other artifacts. That generation will have a hard time being duplicated.

Top Bottom