Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Question....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Our privacy fence is being overgrown from the other side by those worthless grease trees (locals name for the..??) that over grow the fence lines. The trees are pushing my fence in. I want to kill them. Naturally. The tenants are pretty useless (go figure) so I am down to this.

Do any of you know of an off the shelf product or a personal concoction that you know will work. I have to do something before the fence is ruined.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    ...thereby creating a paper trail that you want the trees dead.

Sometimes trees just die....for various reasons....

A strong dose of Tordon applied to the ground on your side of the fence to control invasive plants will almost certainly have enough ground activity to get the job done. Especially if accidentally applied before a light rain.

Copper Sulfate will work as well with more of a long term effect.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Tordon is the answer. It's labeled for brush killer and is available at most farm stores without a pesticide license. Best way is to injure the bark to the growth layer and spray the cut. A saw or hatchet to girdle it and then add tordon will quickly kill the tree and stump.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bfish View Post
    I've personally used a solid mix of diesel with a heavy amount of round up concentrate to kill stuff off but I'm not sure what it'd even do to tress as large as it sounds these are. Buddy of mine has something he'd mix up and spray on the base of the tree and put it on the ground next to thorny locus trees he wanted dead on his property. However, I'm not sure what it'd do to any grass around them. I'll ask him what it is though.
    They are just saplings at best. But they are pushing on the fence.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I have fought 2 that would just come back up the next year. What worked is I cut them at ground level with my little rechargeable chain saw, put a couple of big flower pots over the stumps and put a brick on top so it wouldn't blow away. I left them there all summer and all winter. No regrowth at all, but the stumps are still there at ground level.

User Info Menu

Crossbow herbicide in deisel fuel sprayed on the bottom 10" in the early spring.
    Just call me lollipop.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by corngrower View Post
    Tordon is the answer. It's labeled for brush killer and is available at most farm stores without a pesticide license. Best way is to injure the bark to the growth layer and spray the cut. A saw or hatchet to girdle it and then add tordon will quickly kill the tree and stump.

Use to use Tordon when clear cutting ditch banks and the trees will never grow again. Not even mulberrys
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein View Post
    I'd have mag-dumped on that mother****er. And then curbstomped the corpse.

User Info Menu

Roundup or some other heavy duty weed killer sprayed on them. I accidentally killed some of my little fruit trees by being too liberal with the spraying, even though I tried to contain the spray. I learned that young trees are very vulnerable to such over the counter sprays.

Regards,

Doug
    Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate: "To every man upon this earth, Death cometh soon or late.
    And how can a man die better, Than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?" - T.B. Macaulay

"Idiocracy wasn't a movie. It was prophecy." - CathyInBlue

"Agent Mulder, every life, every day, is in danger. That's just life." - W. Skinner, X-Files S2E8

Marksman

User Info Menu

Crossbow or Tordon or both

I enjoy killing invasive honey suckle. You will waste your time and money with round-up.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pute62 View Post
    Use to use Tordon when clear cutting ditch banks and the trees will never grow again. Not even mulberrys
    Thats what these things are. Mulberry's.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I just cut down my mulberry tree that was growing into the neighbors yard. Every bird in the neighborhood would hang out in the trees surrounding it, and the cars were their after dinner target.
    I find you offensive for finding me offensive.

Often imitated, Never duplicated.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast