• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have heard that copper nails driven into the tree will kill it. I'm interested to learn if this really works or not, but don't have any trees ticking me off enough to try it.

Anyone know if that actually works?? If so, it'd be cheaper than pretty much anything chemical-wise I'd think.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have exponentially more Tordon than I will ever need. If you need some my friend, let me know. Its yours.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I have heard that copper nails driven into the tree will kill it. I'm interested to learn if this really works or not, but don't have any trees ticking me off enough to try it.

Anyone know if that actually works?? If so, it'd be cheaper than pretty much anything chemical-wise I'd think.

Maybe try some copper jacketed 45's

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Might be a little more work, but much quicker than poison.

stihl-9584307-ms391-25-ims-main_zpsw4cyfolf.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Am surprised and disappointed, no one has yet mentioned fire. Fire will kill it, with the added benefit of something to watch whilst partaking in your favorite beverages and cheeseburgers.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I don't know what a 'Grease Tree' is, but if it has a bark stalk then copper oxide crystals on the ground around the tree.
    Won't kill grasses/weeds (no evidence, big brown patches) but wood/bark trees will die.
    It's how some farmers keep 'Suckers' and 'Volunteers' out of fence lines.
    One application can last for years.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Saw the property owner this morning. He is now aware that a bit of that ground is mine. He is a foreigner from some Islamic area of the world and has always been a dick. But patience will over come. Told him I was dropping the trees after showing him the property line and arguing with his irritating self. He just muttered something in some off the wall lingo and walked off. So now instead of being a good guy and clearing the fence line I will just kill them and he can stare at the dead.

Thanks for all the input fellas. I now have a plan.

epeery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2018
    Columbus

I've successfully killed problem mulberry trees by cutting them off and driving brass screws in the trunk. They had previously come back from being cut down, but the screws made a difference.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Saw the property owner this morning. He is now aware that a bit of that ground is mine. He is a foreigner from some Islamic area of the world and has always been a dick. But patience will over come. Told him I was dropping the trees after showing him the property line and arguing with his irritating self. He just muttered something in some off the wall lingo and walked off. So now instead of being a good guy and clearing the fence line I will just kill them and he can stare at the dead.

Oh yeah gotta love it. Was tannerite an option? Sucks some people have to be like that

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

No!! You need to call in air strikes now! :):

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Just dig a tunnel under your fence from your side, and pull the trees through from the bottom. If you were to pull them down a bit at a time, your neighbor would probably only be very confused.

Before doing this, while your neighbor is watching, put a curse on the trees.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just dig a tunnel under your fence from your side, and pull the trees through from the bottom. If you were to pull them down a bit at a time, your neighbor would probably only be very confused.

Before doing this, while your neighbor is watching, put a curse on the trees.

Now we are getting somewhere.

Top Bottom