Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    I'm not sure the sidearms came into play. Simply having the uniform on is enough for some people.
    Halloween must be a disaster for them then.
    Don't practice until you do it right; practice until you can't do it wrong.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianPatriot View Post
    Halloween must be a disaster for them then.
    Normal life is a disaster for most of such people, being perpetually aggrieved due to their delicate sensibilities.

User Info Menu

I'm not sure the sidearms came into play. Simply having the uniform on is enough for some people.
    True.
    But I guess the gun is part of the uniform for a police officer, in the US anyway.

User Info Menu

Let me understand this correctly. If I am in a place of business and there happens to be an individual or group of individuals that I don't like, I can tell the waitress (or whomever) that I am uncomfortable with them here and she can make them leave?

It can be a guy with a beard, female dressed lewdly, santa claus? As long as it is not a protected group (i.e. ethnicity, gay....)? One person can determine who can sit quietly in their place of business, minding their own business?

At some time the insanity MUST be challenged and put to an end.
    NRA - Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggidy View Post
    Let me understand this correctly. If I am in a place of business and there happens to be an individual or group of individuals that I don't like, I can tell the waitress (or whomever) that I am uncomfortable with them here and she can make them leave?

It can be a guy with a beard, female dressed lewdly, santa claus? As long as it is not a protected group (i.e. ethnicity, gay....)? One person can determine who can sit quietly in their place of business, minding their own business?

At some time the insanity MUST be challenged and put to an end.
    The insanity, is the notions that people are offended by. But I standby the idea that a business should be able to deny service or expel anyone for any reason (with only a few exceptions).
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

The insanity, is the notions that people are offended by. But I standby the idea that a business should be able to deny service or expel anyone for any reason (with only a few exceptions).
    No exceptions. Either "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone", or else "equal accommodation for all". The middle ground will always lead to unequal protection under the law.

I'm good either way, but like you, I prefer the former.

The problem is: we're long past that point, and have no viable path to return to it. So, what then do we do, while ensuring equal protection under law?

User Info Menu

If you re-read my post, we are in agreement.
    My understanding was you said a rainbow outfit doesn’t mean you’re gay. I’m saying a rainbow is not in any way associated with being
    gay. Not that wearing one either does or does not make you gay, which I thought was your point.

a rainbow has seven colors. Gay pride symbol is a collection of six colors

i’m just reclaiming ownership of a very traditional symbol
    Last edited by hoosierdoc; 07-06-2019 at 14:04.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Pigeon View Post
    Joe Citizen doesn't have Qualified immunity, LEO do.
    No we don't. We CAN qualify for it but the it certainly isn't automatic. It's a common misconception that Qualified Immunity is some blanket protection that we all hide behind. We do need it. Example, I'm currently fighting a lawsuit that names me personally. Did nothing wrong and all was above board but they want my house, car, and ANYTHING I make in my paycheck...for DOING MY JOB to the best of my ability. Federal Judge denied my qualified immunity (she doesn't like officers having it) and now we have to appeal to the 7th Circuit in Chicago. This lawsuit has been going on for YEARS with no end in sight. If I knew my arrests would likely end this way (no protections for doing my job), I'd stop making them.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Denny347 View Post
    No we don't. We CAN qualify for it but the it certainly isn't automatic. It's a common misconception that Qualified Immunity is some blanket protection that we all hide behind. We do need it. Example, I'm currently fighting a lawsuit that names me personally. Did nothing wrong and all was above board but they want my house, car, and ANYTHING I make in my paycheck...for DOING MY JOB to the best of my ability. Federal Judge denied my qualified immunity (she doesn't like officers having it) and now we have to appeal to the 7th Circuit in Chicago. This lawsuit has been going on for YEARS with no end in sight. If I knew my arrests would likely end this way (no protections for doing my job), I'd stop making them.
    I would not be surprised if that is the goal. Many in our society no longer want police to do police stuff.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I would not be surprised if that is the goal. Many in our society no longer want police to do police stuff.
    I'm in favor of the Police doing Police stuff.

INGOer #25,448

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast