Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    Roundabouts, in general, are great. They improve efficiency of movement and therefore fuel efficiency. They also cut down on the number of severe accidents. The number of minor accidents goes up, however.
    Are you sure?

Just a cursory search finds a report of 37% reduction in total collisions.

Sorry for the poor quality...
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

**** Roundabouts!

Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

You don't change lanes in a roundabout. Ever. Of course, people are too stupid to master that simple concept, and negligents happen. I refuse to call it an "accident" if it occurred due to negligence.

People would rather cut other people off than go around again, or God forbid, just go down to the next street and turn. I love roundabouts. I hate other motorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Nervous View Post
    You don't change lanes in a roundabout. Ever. Of course, people are too stupid to master that simple concept, and negligents happen. I refuse to call it an "accident" if it occurred due to negligence.

People would rather cut other people off than go around again, or God forbid, just go down to the next street and turn. I love roundabouts. I hate other motorists.
    Motorist that cut lanes in a roundabout near me suffer the wrath of my horn.

Near home is roundabout with two lanes, the road in on out are just one. Tonight, for logical reasons, I chose the lane opposite of the car in front of me. I ended up exiting first and got ahead of him - he was not happy. Yet, afterwards the gap greatly increased so I certainly didn't cost him any time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

If you're on the inside lane and only the outside lane let's you go to the right, how do you manage to go to the right without changing lanes?

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    If you're on the inside lane and only the outside lane let's you go to the right, how do you manage to go to the right without changing lanes?

If you're turning right, then you enter the roundabout in the right lane. But you already knew that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

User Info Menu

If you're turning right, then you enter the roundabout in the right lane. But you already knew that.
    That good if you know where you're going, but when I go somewhere in Carmel in the mazes off of Meridian St, I'm usually navigating 50% guesswork and 50% experimentation. I've been in roundabouts and not known which lane I needed until it was too late.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

I'm two weeks into Indiana and still getting used to these roundabouts. It makes it even more stressful that everyone in this damn town but me seems to have a European sports car. The figure 8's and multi-lane ones can be tricky, but I'm getting the hang of it.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRooster View Post
    There's one close to where live, it's in Greenville, OH. It's got a huge fountain in the middle and has been there forever. Even though it's a small town it's a real PITA during certain times of the day. If you want to get across then you don't stop unless you're going to hit someone. Once you stop you are screwed. It's on the main route through town and that road leads to the industrial park. Most of the factories let out around the same time. If you stop before entering the circle then the next half mile of cars entering from the side will just keep flowing through on each others bumper like water.

I hate the Fing thing. I'm sorry, but if I'm sitting at the entrance of the circle and had to stop because of a pedestrian then I still believe that I have the right of way to enter the circle before the car that's still 1500 feet down the road behind another 30 cars and still has a couple stop signs to go through. These people don't see it that way though. A lot of times it's actually quicker to go through the 2 staggered stop lights (gotta have them staggered so we can view the wonders of the town) a block away.

The roads that approach the circle are one lane in and one lane out, however the circle itself is 2 lanes wide, and they aren't marked. That makes it so much fun when someone from out of town drives through. They have no idea and are weaving across both lanes. As soon as the factory workers enter the circle they spread out making it impossible to even enter during certain times of the day.

Look kids*** Big Ben, Parliament...

User Info Menu

If you never change lanes in a roundabout, then everybody should be in the outside lane only (where they entered) so the inside lane can be done away with

You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast