Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    [FONT="]But the seats didnít look very comfortable.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]
    Frontier seats[/FONT]

They are a very slim line seat made out of molded plastic, so they donít have a lot of give. Nor do they recline.

From:https://onemileatatime.com/frontier-airlines-review/ which might give some insight into how they operate
    True but the short flight from Tampa non-stop it was doable at least for me.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

But the seats didnít look very comfortable.

Frontier seats

They are a very slim line seat made out of molded plastic, so they donít have a lot of give. Nor do they recline.

From:https://onemileatatime.com/frontier-airlines-review/ which might give some insight into how they operate
    "We'll sell you the whole seat, but you'll only need be able to use the edge!"

User Info Menu

I have no experience with Frontier but have always pictured crates of live chickens in the cabin and the pilot being a cross eyed fellow named Cookie.
    Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

User Info Menu

Don't laugh, some airlines are experimenting with seats that you essentially stand in with provision to rest your weight occasionally. I visualize something like the skeletal frame at the gym you can do leg lifts in

Attachment 79436 Attachment 79437
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

I tend to look beyond price to safety. I once deliberately booked a connection into EYW from MIA because the flight would be a turbo-prop (ATR-72). I could have connected in TPA or MCO and flown on a small jet but they were putting those aircraft into 4200 feet of runway with bird filled swampy areas on both ends. Everything might be fine if the pilot brought his 'A' game, but I'd rather not count on that; especially if we sucked a bird immediately before landing or just after take-off. The margin for error on the ATR was much higher.

For the same reason, I won't fly on an aircraft with de-icing boots as opposed to bleed air anti-ice unless there is just no other way. Control the risks you can

IMO low cost carriers tend to be most interested in keeping planes in the air, even some that maybe shouldn't be. I am personally aware (through a friend) of a Frontier flight from CMH that had a hydraulic pump failure in a critical hydraulic circuit (Airbus 319) and attempted to get contract maintenance to swap a working pump from another, less critical circuit into the position so the flight would be technically legal to go but would still have one pump out (they declined).

That told me everything I needed to know

User Info Menu

Don't laugh, some airlines are experimenting with seats that you essentially stand in with provision to rest your weight occasionally. I visualize something like the skeletal frame at the gym you can do leg lifts in

Attachment 79436 Attachment 79437
    I remember hearing about these. No. Just no. I mean, if it was a little puddle jumper flight, maybe (I used to fly into Greenville, SC with a stop in Charlotte, NC where we switched to a "commuter" plane) for business. The second leg of the flight literally felt like by the time you got to full altitude, you were starting your descent into Greenville. I could probably handle it for that long. It was probably a 30 - 40 minute flight.

User Info Menu

I tend to look beyond price to safety. I once deliberately booked a connection into EYW from MIA because the flight would be a turbo-prop (ATR-72). I could have connected in TPA or MCO and flown on a small jet but they were putting those aircraft into 4200 feet of runway with bird filled swampy areas on both ends. Everything might be fine if the pilot brought his 'A' game, but I'd rather not count on that; especially if we sucked a bird immediately before landing or just after take-off. The margin for error on the ATR was much higher.

I flew the CRJ-200 between EYW and both FLL and MCO; airplane had plenty of performance, especially with Key West's prevailing winds considered. A highly compromised airplane as most in the business are aware, the CR2 has VERY effective brakes and stopping isn't a factor - even with a Vapp of 147 at MLW.

Perhaps hard to believe given the runway length, but EYW was 'less risky' in a regional jet due to utter lack of obstacles than DCA or LGA.
    "'Gun guys' can find a way to get butthurt about just about anything."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by avboiler11 View Post

I flew the CRJ-200 between EYW and both FLL and MCO; airplane had plenty of performance, especially with Key West's prevailing winds considered. A highly compromised airplane as most in the business are aware, the CR2 has VERY effective brakes and stopping isn't a factor - even with a Vapp of 147 at MLW.

Perhaps hard to believe given the runway length, but EYW was 'less risky' in a regional jet due to utter lack of obstacles than DCA or LGA.
    I have no idea what you just said.

User Info Menu

If Frontier flies anything like their internet service....... you'll crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by avboiler11 View Post

My only options at the time were E145s. No leading edge slats and ground spoilers the size of shoebox lids. While quite a bit heavier, the CJ2s had twice the thrust of the E145s also

I wasn't worried so much about excess performance available as capabilities of plane and pilot should the SHTF. By the way, SW used to take 737-700s in and out of there (to TPA) and DL took CRJ7s to ATL but I think both limited the capacity so power to weight was quite high

Edit: Looked up the data, not as much difference between BOW and total thrust between the two types as I thought

Last edited by BugI02; 08-22-2019 at 18:37.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast