Anyone familiar with Rental / business laws in Morgan county ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No. Just a street that used to be nice and quiet until she moved in .
    Now there's people coming and going all hours of the day/night.

You sure it's a commercial "cleaning" business? Why would her customers be coming to her house, especially at all hours of the day and night? Seems like she would be going to their businesses. Maybe "cleaning" isn't the business she's running out of her house.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You sure it's a commercial "cleaning" business? Why would her customers be coming to her house, especially at all hours of the day and night? Seems like she would be going to their businesses. Maybe "cleaning" isn't the business she's running out of her house.

Because commercial cleaning is done overnight....when businesses are closed.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Goodwill does our cleaning. During regular business hours. (Finance Center at Ft. Ben) I do know that a lot of businesses don't do it that way though.

She doesn't operate with normal employees and she's not a normal employer.

There's been drunk fights at 01:30 , daily drunk driving, people Male and female peeing in her driveway, etc. Plenty more.

My long time neighbors say the police have been here more since she's been here than in the last 30 years .

I'm trying to solve a problem that started about two years ago.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Can you find out who the owner / landlord is and contact them? Maybe they don't know this person is doing that. Maybe it violates their lease. That's where I would start.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Can you find out who the owner / landlord is and contact them? Maybe they don't know this person is doing that. Maybe it violates their lease. That's where I would start.

Found out that info today, just trying to gather more info so I can hopefully appeal to his business sense over his need for money.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    She doesn't operate with normal employees and she's not a normal employer.

There's been drunk fights at 01:30 , daily drunk driving, people Male and female peeing in her driveway, etc. Plenty more.

My long time neighbors say the police have been here more since she's been here than in the last 30 years .

I'm trying to solve a problem that started about two years ago.

Oh man. Seems like almost every otherwise good neighborhood has one of "those" houses. I've lived around places like that and it sucks, but if they get tired enough of the police stopping by, maybe they'll move.

Are you on the Nextdoor app? There's a lot of crap on it, but it kind of serves as an electronic "crimewatch" group too. We managed to have at least one such resident "removed", I think from all the publicity. Shady characters that allegedly paid cash for the house, and were allegedly dealing out of the house.

There were kids that lived right next door too. It wasn't just the people that lived there either. It was also the visitors, a lot of which came from the crack motels at Thompson and 31 I believe.

ETA: I don't know if your neighbor is dealing drugs or not, but I would think it wasn't normal for commercial cleaners to come home to their bosses' houses, have drunken fights and pee in the driveway. Sounds like the activity that was going on at the house in our neighborhood. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

Last edited:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Oh man. Seems like almost every otherwise good neighborhood has one of "those" houses. I've lived around places like that and it sucks, but if they get tired enough of the police stopping by, maybe they'll move.

Are you on the Nextdoor app? There's a lot of crap on it, but it kind of serves as an electronic "crimewatch" group too. We managed to have at least one such resident "removed", I think from all the publicity. Shady characters that allegedly paid cash for the house, and were allegedly dealing out of the house.

There were kids that lived right next door too. It wasn't just the people that lived there either. It was also the visitors, a lot of which came from the crack motels at Thompson and 31 I believe.

I'm trying to get this done discreetly so as to not destroy her or her boyfriend's business.

They both know I don't care for either one of them but so far I'm trying to be civilized about this rather than making the news.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

ETA: I don't know if your neighbor is dealing drugs or not, but I would think it wasn't normal for commercial cleaners to come home to their bosses' houses, have drunken fights and pee in the driveway. Sounds like the activity that was going on at the house in our neighborhood. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

I'm trying to get this done discreetly so as to not destroy her or her boyfriend's business.

They both know I don't care for either one of them but so far I'm trying to be civilized about this rather than making the news.
    I was editing my post while you were posting. Are you saying that she and her boyfriend don't have anything to do with it?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I do understand that, and that's kind of one of the things I like about the Nexdoor app. Your addresses aren't displayed. You're just part of a neighborhood as they define it. But in our case, I think maybe the people at the problem house may have seen, or got wind of the comments from all the people around them.

People like that don't like attention.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    She's a " recovering " ( air quotes ) meth addict/ alcoholic, he's a current alcoholic/ rumored to be a drug dealer so who knows.

Was pretty much the norm over here. Most of those butt sacks have moved on due to the efforts of the local LEO a few of who are members here. And some of the neighbors standing up to these crap sacks.....:whistle:

As long as they pay the rent most landlords could give a **** what goes on.

Wait....you are west side also. Interesting.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    She's a " recovering " ( air quotes ) meth addict/ alcoholic, he's a current alcoholic/ rumored to be a drug dealer so who knows.

Yeah... get rid of them any way you can. Just my advice from dealing with that type of people (and not just neighbors, but "family"). You can't save them unless they want to be saved from that kind of stuff.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Was pretty much the norm over here. Most of those butt sacks have moved on due to the efforts of the local LEO a few of who are members here. And some of the neighbors standing up to these crap sacks.....:whistle:

As long as they pay the rent most landlords could give a **** what goes on.

Wait....you are west side also. Interesting.

The wheels are turning, huh CM? ;)

200.gif

Top Bottom