Anyone familiar with Rental / business laws in Morgan county ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Was pretty much the norm over here. Most of those butt sacks have moved on due to the efforts of the local LEO a few of who are members here. And some of the neighbors standing up to these crap sacks.....:whistle:

As long as they pay the rent most landlords could give a **** what goes on.

Wait....you are west side also. Interesting.

Mooresville address but I'm out of their territory, I get the MCSD when I call.

He made her out to be a whore, she made him out to be a mean drunk. So far they've both been right.

Problem is he studied conservation law, understands the concept of plausible deniability and thinks he's slick.

He's a petulant rich kid that doesn't know how to act when he doesn't get his way. He likes slitting her tires and running off the new BFs when she leaves him .

She's a dumpster fire right out front of a **** circus relapsing every so often. Currently we're soaring above the clouds.
    I'm hoping she's gone when the next crash comes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mooresville address but I'm out of their territory, I get the MCSD when I call.

He made her out to be a whore, she made him out to be a mean drunk. So far they've both been right.

Problem is he studied conservation law, understands the concept of plausible deniability and thinks he's slick.

He's a petulant rich kid that doesn't know how to act when he doesn't get his way. He likes slitting her tires and running off the new BFs when she leaves him .

She's a dumpster fire right out front of a **** circus relapsing every so often. Currently we're soaring above the clouds.
    I'm hoping she's gone when the next crash comes.

Of all the choices we have available in this life to pick those is just insane.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Of all the choices we have available in this life to pick those is just insane.

They're both 28 years old. She's killed herself once already DWI /MVA .

His dumbass is trying to get killed. I told him approximately this time last year to walk away from her .

He's a country boy used to getting his way ( read bully ) I told him running up on the wrong guy will get him dead but he doesn't seem to get that concept.

The shannanagains continue but they're trying to be more sneaky about it this year.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That's why I was asking about the business laws , I'm thinking surely what she's doing can't be legal.

Law enforcement says their hands are tied until they catch them or something bad happens.

Grump01 may be on to something. A lot of local .gov's power comes from zoning statutes.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    As a former Planning Commission Board Member, I would agree...check with your planning commission/zoning office. They can tell you if the zoning allows for a business to be there. If they applied for a business permit with the county or city (which they likely did not) and the ordinance does not allow it there, adjoining neighbors would have been notified if there was to be a hearing to grant a variance.

If there is a permit on file, it should be with the zoning office.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Sounds like a Zoning issue. Type of business, hours of business, residential... A couple other avenues.

Board of Health - if used cleaning equipment/waste is being brought back to house and stored.

HazMat issue - improper storage of hazardous chemicals or too large of quantity of certain chemicals. Disposal of chemicals, pouring down drain?

With the current shut down this may resolve itself.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Sounds like a Zoning issue. Type of business, hours of business, residential... A couple other avenues.

Board of Health - if used cleaning equipment/waste is being brought back to house and stored.

HazMat issue - improper storage of hazardous chemicals or too large of quantity of certain chemicals. Disposal of chemicals, pouring down drain?

With the current shut down this may resolve itself.

Wow , yes to all of these.

The cleaning side has slowed down but the Dirtbaggery has continued.

Side note, I think I gave you negative rep, I didn't mean to do that but it won't let me fix it. Sorry bout that.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Had a talk with the landlord a week ago and I wasn't impressed with his response. He seemed pretty nonchalant and dismissive, said he'd ' check into it " .

Any other ideas?

Top Bottom