Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dudley0 View Post
    I was about to let Mr. Diddit go until you mentioned the overdue library books. Now I am unable to be a good juror because of that.
    Would it change your mind if one was "Hotwiring for Dummies" and another was "Steamy Stories from the Chop Shop"?

The point of that bit is priors don't usually "come in" until sentencing. There's a few rare exceptions, but they aren't really relevant to this.
    L'otters are not afraid.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    In short, even if a jury were to find guilt based solely on unexplained non-immediate possession, the judge and/or Court of Appeals would be required to not enter the convection and enter an acquittal.
    I thought the 8th Amendment prohibited the convection of guilty defendants?
    So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    I thought the 8th Amendment prohibited the convection of guilty defendants?
    Mmmm, now you have me thinking about barbecue...

User Info Menu

https://images.app.goo.gl/UGrRDPKAygVVKED39

Maybe if we had public spit roastings it would discourage younguns from entering a life of crime.

Last edited by 2A_Tom; 05-22-2020 at 09:09.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    A Connecticut state trooper has been put on leave after he was captured on camera profanely berating a motorist during a traffic stop.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/connectic...010720252.html

That was an epic rant, probably not recommended but I like that guy lol.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drillsgt View Post
    That was an epic rant, probably not recommended but I like that guy lol.
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman approves!
    Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Crawfordsville Gun Club; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by femurphy77 View Post
    To your last point do you realize how many cars, boat, motorcycles, etc are bought and sold without titles? ...
    I ran into this when I had to sell an enclosed utility trailer left on the (self-storage facility) property. It was pretty banged up from being in an accident and if I had my way would have junked it, but by law I could not do that. I had to try to verify who the actual owner was and notify him that I was going to sell his trailer to pay overdue storage fees before I could put it up for auction, and I also had to provide the buyer with paperwork that would allow him to register it at the DMV. I ended up sending in forms to both the Mississippi and Texas DMVs with various numbers (not all trailers have VINs, or at least legible VINs, so this is fun to figure out), plus use the license plate on it to track down possible owners. Had a Mississippi plate but somehow I ended up a possible Texas registration (plate, not title) as well that may or may not have been the trailer I had, and ended up calling some woman in Laredo, who sounded very unhappy and scared to be hearing from me. She had plated a trailer at one point for her husband's business, but her husband's brother sold it to some other guy from ________ and she hadn't seen it since, and refused to answer any more phone calls or letters.

Eventually I ended up with enough evidence from the DMVs that I could legally and truthfully state that I had tried real hard but could not find the owner. When I sold the trailer I gave the buyer the paperwork showing my homework and he could use that to get it plated at the DMV. That is after he replaced the bent axle and repaired the rear door that had been knocked off in the accident so it could be towed off the property.

Anyway, plate-swapping on trailers seems to be very common, and it would not surprise me to find out that half the utility trailers in Texas don't have the right license plate and have been sold/swapped/stolen/acquired numerous times in their lives. Trailers below a certain value? size? (I forget which) don't have to be titled in Texas (and other states), just registered so it can be very difficult to determine the true owner.
    Last edited by Alamo; 05-23-2020 at 09:59.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Would it change your mind if one was "Hotwiring for Dummies" and another was "Steamy Stories from the Chop Shop"?

The point of that bit is priors don't usually "come in" until sentencing. There's a few rare exceptions, but they aren't really relevant to this.
    Doesn't matter what titles are. If he is such a hardened criminal that he has overdue library fees then he needs to be locked up.

No three strikes for this one. He did the crime and he must pay... dearly.

I get what you were saying. I was attempting to be a smart ass and failed at the first part.

User Info Menu

d0, you achieved your goal, some just do not realize what a smart ass you are.

Not sure how well your sarcasometer works, I was going to post (dumb smart ass) but I didn't want to get reported.

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

-----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 ... LastLast