• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This is about to go full political. Andre Carson made this out to be racial (just saw on Fox59), this is going to devolve into a ****-show.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — An investigation is underway after a chase ended with an officer-involved shooting on Indy’s northwest side Wednesday.

The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said the chase started around 6 p.m. Wednesday when officers saw a vehicle driving recklessly by them. Assistant Chief Chris Bailey said the behavior was described as almost hitting another car and driving close to 90 mph.

“The officer always has discretion whether or not he’s going to address the driving behavior or not, but the driving behavior was such that the officer felt it needed to be addressed,” Bailey said. “Attempted to make a traffic stop, the person driving the vehicle didn’t stop, and that’s what started the chase.”
    Officers chased the driver to the area of 56th and Lafayette before terminating the pursuit.
    An officer with the Northwest District, however, noticed the car going eastbound on 62nd and pulling into a parking lot before the driver got out of the vehicle. The IMPD said the officer got out of his car and the driver started running away.

Bailey says there was a confrontation between the officer and suspect, in which the officer fired a taser at some point.
    “Shots were fired. It is believed at this time that shots were fired by both the officer & the suspect,” Bailey said.
    The man police were chasing died while the officer was uninjured. Police say a gun was recovered nearby.

The department is aware of a video that was posted on Facebook. Bailey said the department preserved the evidence and will use it if the information on it is appropriate to the investigation.
    While we are still examining the video, it appears to show a man in the car during the chase. You hear him running after getting out of the car, but it is hard to see anything from that point on.
    The video shows the man running and a voice saying something, with the man shouting an expletive back. A few seconds later there is a loud buzz. He curses and the phone seems to drop.
    The video shows the sky after we heard several shots fired. The audio then picks up what appears to be officers speaking. This goes on until finally someone holding a notebook up bends over the frame and the video cuts out.

The IMPD said it closely scrutinizes all uses of force. While they are withholding judgment on the actions of the involved officer at this time, the officer has been placed on administrative leave pending further investigation.

https://fox59.com/news/crimetracker/investigation-underway-after-officer-involved-shooting/

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So...suspect live streamed the chase to Facebook. I won't link it and don't know if it's still up, but it was on YouTube.

Apparently the initial pursuit was by two very high ranking officers who were of the same race as the criminal, but I don't know that for a fact and will leave it at that.

Andre Carson is a POS who uses racial politics to further his own career at the expense of society as a whole.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Poor Mindy... :)

Personally (IMHO), I feel the crack heads, meth heads, and pillbillies are going to start getting more and more desperate with people staying home during the day. Less opportunity to break into homes if people are not at work, so their addictions are making them take more chances.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Poor Mindy... :)

Personally (IMHO), I feel the crack heads, meth heads, and pillbillies are going to start getting more and more desperate with people staying home during the day. Less opportunity to break into homes if people are not at work, so their addictions are making them take more chances.

I think this is an example of what is to come, unfortunately. With the idiot mayors and governors shutting down a lot of businesses and putting people out of work, the desperation will increase in general. Like dsol said, more people are at home more when the meth heads and crack heads attempt home invasions.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So...suspect live streamed the chase to Facebook. I won't link it and don't know if it's still up, but it was on YouTube.

Apparently the initial pursuit was by two very high ranking officers who were of the same race as the criminal, but I don't know that for a fact and will leave it at that.

Andre Carson is a POS who uses racial politics to further his own career at the expense of society as a whole.

I am to understand (2nd hand unofficially) that no "WHITE" officers were involved.

Hands up don't shoot is a common tactic among the animals we are being surrounded by.

I have seen the video. :poop: bag got the rewards for his actions/decisions.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Bn9SQS9.jpg

Let's just come right out and say this. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom