Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

PSA Recall on Harbor Freight jack stands

Thought I'd post this as I'm sure there are some on here that have these in their garage.
    Harbor Freight recalling 3 and 6 ton jack stands under the Pittsburgh brand name for possibility of collapsing under a load

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...of-collapsing/

User Info Menu

Close to 2 million jack stands manufactured and sold over an 8 year period are failing because they were produced on worn out equipment? Yet another reason to stop buying cheap Chinese . All of my jack stands are of US manufacture, of course some are closing on 40 years old! 3 or 4 of my 6 floor jacks are also US made and in one case is close to 50 years old but you'd be surprised what you can do with a hydraulic ram repair kit.

I admit I couldn't resist buying one of those lightweight "racing" jacks that HF sells for less than $100, it's perfect for the golf cart or lawnmower.
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Have any of you actually seen those stands. I mean picked one up and looked closely at it.

If so you will understand why I can not for any reason understand why anyone would buy them. Anyone with at least half a brain anyway. Pure junk. Worthless junk.

The lure of cheap ****. Cheap ****. And then its national news.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

First Covid-19... now this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    First Covid-19... now this.
    IKR?
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Have any of you actually seen those stands. I mean picked one up and looked closely at it.

If so you will understand why I can not for any reason understand why anyone would buy them. Anyone with at least half a brain anyway. Pure junk. Worthless junk.

The lure of cheap ****. Cheap ****. And then its national news.
    Never looked at them but then again there's not a tool Harbor Freight sells that'd I'd spend money on.

Just figured there's probably a few on here that might have these for the occasional oil change or brake job

Expert

User Info Menu

Hmmmm that same style is also sold under a number of other brands, I assumed that they all came from the same factory. I am very surprised that this only applies to HF. I have seen the same style under Napa brand and I am guessing that these were once made in USA decades ago. I have a pair of this style in the 6 ton size that are probably 20 years old, not bought at HF but dont remember where. I guess I need to take a close look at them.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Butch627 View Post
    Hmmmm that same style is also sold under a number of other brands, I assumed that they all came from the same factory. I am very surprised that this only applies to HF. I have seen the same style under Napa brand and I am guessing that these were once made in USA decades ago. I have a pair of this style in the 6 ton size that are probably 20 years old, not bought at HF but dont remember where. I guess I need to take a close look at them.
    That style stand was pretty common and still is. The Chi-Coms always steal designs and products and some are contracted to them. But they steal far more.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

For a minute there, I was concerned, but then I remembered that I got my jack stands at WalMart, so I'm OK.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Sometimes I purchase cheap tools for limited use. For jack stands, I chose the Pro-LifT T-6906D Double Pin Jack Stand for the added safety of the extra pin lock. I looked at the Harbor Freight stands, but the Pro-Lift stands only cost a little more.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast