• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigGuyinMuncie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Muncie
    Hello all. I was 18 when I first got my LTCH (mind you this was 14 years ago). I got a small Lorcin .380 given to me from my Grandpa and wanted to be able to carry it. I didn't have any problems with LEOs until I was coming to a buddies house one afternoon and they were standing outside talking to his neighbor. I exited my vehicle and was making my way around it to the sidewalk when one of the officers noticed it in my waste band, before I knew it I had 2 guns pointed in my direction and was being told to get my hands up.
    I did as I was told, mentioned to the officer that my LTCH was in my wallet and waited. He came up and JERKED my gun from the holster while telling me that I was to young to carry a gun. I informed him that I was 18, and in fact licensed to carry my weapon. Don't know where the breakdown in communication was, I was polite and used the "yes sir, no sir" attitude. He ran my gun, ran my license, and very reluctantly gave me back me gun. At a young age the officer almost detered me from carrying. After 14 years, I still carry daily and in fact have started OCing without any difficulty. Was the officer just having a bad day, or is it that they think our youth are to stupid to have a gun. Just thought I would share

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    14 years ago? I think the Statute of Limitations are here, and you can't bash these cops :D

Yeah, that would have scared the hell outta me if that happened around the time I started carrying.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Hello all. I was 18 when I first got my LTCH (mind you this was 14 years ago). I got a small Lorcin .380 given to me from my Grandpa and wanted to be able to carry it. I didn't have any problems with LEOs until I was coming to a buddies house one afternoon and they were standing outside talking to his neighbor. I exited my vehicle and was making my way around it to the sidewalk when one of the officers noticed it in my waste band, before I knew it I had 2 guns pointed in my direction and was being told to get my hands up.
    I did as I was told, mentioned to the officer that my LTCH was in my wallet and waited. He came up and JERKED my gun from the holster while telling me that I was to young to carry a gun. I informed him that I was 18, and in fact licensed to carry my weapon. Don't know where the breakdown in communication was, I was polite and used the "yes sir, no sir" attitude. He ran my gun, ran my license, and very reluctantly gave me back me gun. At a young age the officer almost detered me from carrying. After 14 years, I still carry daily and in fact have started OCing without any difficulty. Was the officer just having a bad day, or is it that they think our youth are to stupid to have a gun. Just thought I would share

He probably didn't know the law.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    In 1996 when I was 21 years old I had an ISP trooper put the end of the barrel on his Beretta 92 in my left year canal. Can I use your thread to complain about it to the rest of INGO?

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    statute of limitations on cop basing. lol.

i will say one thing i have noticed.
    people who are actually 18 or are 21 trying to buy alcohol, look much younger than they actually are.
    i blame this on hollywood using thirty something year olds to play the role of high schoolers. :)

edit: what i was getting at is the officer might have thought you were 12. no offense to you. im sure you were a studdly young man!

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I started carrying a little over a year ago, so when I was 19. I go back and forth between OC and CC. And a lot of the time my CC is really an OC because the top of it shows (hard to CC a G21). I've never been stopped by police. I've gotten quite a few looks in places like walmart. I've been stared at by police before, most of the time I just wave, and they wave back. I also don't exactly wear my pants below my a**, and actually care about what I look like, unlike many of the people my age.
    I get more looks and comments from random people, than I do from police. Its really all about appearance.
    Now I will say I ran into a guy at the Cicero Rallys last weekend (sorry if your a member BUT....) He was wearing Basketball shorts that hang below his a** and a White, dirty as heck, TShirt that was about 4 sizes too big, mind you he had to weigh in around 350. And with other people with similar appearance. When he stood up I was kinda shocked to see that he was OCing. Im not going to lie, I watched him the entire time he was in the gas station, and was very on edge. yes he may be a very responsible person, and I'm not one to judge people very often, But I'm willing to bet the police would stop him in a heart beat and ask to see a permit.
    I love to see people OC, Just think about how the rest of you is dressed. :twocents:

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Norman428, completely agree w your post, especially the final statement regarding the REST of your appearance. If you OC please don't make others uncomfortable or think you are some gangster.....

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I got my permit at 18 as well older brother bought me a glock 21 for a gift shortly after i got attack by the richmond walmart for open carrying with shirt over the firearm stopped at the door was asked to leave i complied (no arguement at all) before i got to my truck had richmond police officer gun pointed at my head. had me get on the ground took my gun and knife. and they gave me the trespass paperwork before i was allowed to leave entered my trucked searched it unloaded my fire arm and striped the gun placing it in a bag underneath my seat. never got my knife back a hundred dollar benchmade knife that was a going away gift from my marine unit.

Took me a month but i fought back wallmart agreed to remove the trespass ban however i now avoid that place at all possible now and i have never seen the knife sense. Its left such as terrible taste in my mouth on how my rights where violated to the point i have never open carried sense then at its been 7 year now and rarely cc in fear im going to get treated the same way but i always carry at least one in my truck.

Thanks to post like this im going to start carrying alot more often however i think im going to start with cc carrying my glock 19 and move into oc

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    statute of limitations on cop basing. lol.

i will say one thing i have noticed.
    people who are actually 18 or are 21 trying to buy alcohol, look much younger than they actually are.
    i blame this on hollywood using thirty something year olds to play the role of high schoolers. :)

edit: what i was getting at is the officer might have thought you were 12. no offense to you. im sure you were a studdly young man!

I can definitely see perceived age as a problem. At 5'6" 120 lbs, if I have a clean shave I can pass for 16 easily (I'm 21). I got a 2nd and 3rd look by the "carder" at the first bar I drank at (Skip's in Angola). I'm a modest, clean-dressed guy, but I would hesitate to ever OC just because of how young I look.

I got my permit at 18 as well older brother bought me a glock 21 for a gift shortly after i got attack by the richmond walmart for open carrying with shirt over the firearm stopped at the door was asked to leave i complied (no arguement at all) before i got to my truck had richmond police officer gun pointed at my head. had me get on the ground took my gun and knife. and they gave me the trespass paperwork before i was allowed to leave entered my trucked searched it unloaded my fire arm and striped the gun placing it in a bag underneath my seat. never got my knife back a hundred dollar benchmade knife that was a going away gift from my marine unit.

Took me a month but i fought back wallmart agreed to remove the trespass ban however i now avoid that place at all possible now and i have never seen the knife sense. Its left such as terrible taste in my mouth on how my rights where violated to the point i have never open carried sense then at its been 7 year now and rarely cc in fear im going to get treated the same way but i always carry at least one in my truck.

Thanks to post like this im going to start carrying alot more often however i think im going to start with cc carrying my glock 19 and move into oc

How could they charge you for trespassing if you complied with their demand to leave their property?? That is no different than me asking the pizza delivery guy to get off my property and then shooting him in the back for trespassing. I would file a complaint with the police department for violating your rights and for theft.
    You can't let that event stop you from protecting you and yours.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I was 18 to when I got my LTCH. Back then come out of highschool I was 6 foot 4 and 245 pounds most people did not miss with a guy like me. So I always CC. I could not emagin that happen to me. I would have never carry again. Maybe one day I will open carry but after 14 years most people still don't know I carry.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    How could they charge you for trespassing if you complied with their demand to leave their property?? That is no different than me asking the pizza delivery guy to get off my property and then shooting him in the back for trespassing. I would file a complaint with the police department for violating your rights and for theft.
    You can't let that event stop you from protecting you and yours.[/QUOTE] Well i found out you can get a trespassing order for any reason you dont have to do anything wrong if they dont like you they can ban you. Just happened they called the police right as they saw me and stopped me just inside the door lady greeter asked me to wait there so i did security came over asked me a few questions asked me to leave i did but during that time police where in root so i got stopped as i was trying to leave. security officer was a idiot had no idea what was going on but told the police to ban me so they did. took many calls to district managers and store managers most of the time they wouldnt return my calls but i did get it reversed and spoke with the police chief a few times but they never did anything or seemed to care.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That double standard is funny, well not really.
    At 18 years old cops and most people think you too young to walk around in our streets with a handgun on your hip but in the other hand its fine to die for your country if you are a 18 years old soldier in a foreign country.
    In that case you are a hero and not a stupid young immature kid who shouldnt carry a gun.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    That double standard is funny, well not really.
    At 18 years old cops and most people think you too young to walk around in our streets with a handgun on your hip but in the other hand its fine to die for your country if you are a 18 years old soldier in a foreign country.
    In that case you are a hero and not a stupid young immature kid who shouldnt carry a gun.
    I was both lol old enough to fight for the marines and when i come home for iraq for R&R leave this happens! What a world we live in!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I was both lol old enough to fight for the marines and when i come home for iraq for R&R leave this happens! What a world we live in!

I know its messed up.
    Were you ever stopped in the marines for OC of a M4 rifle because you looked too young? ;)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom