Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

I wonder if there exists an unwritten, yet universally recognized departmental/agency policy which deliberately fosters a minimal to moderate level of apprehension among the general public via applied psychology. The old 'good cop/bad cop' act used to mess with the minds of those they're supposed to be respectfully serving in order to keep all the "little people" under control.

I'm not paranoid. I just possess a heightened sense of awareness.

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by j706 View Post
    Must suck looking over your shoulders all the time and freaking out every time you see a police car or a LEO. Holy Cow!!
    It does.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zebov View Post
    I wasn't a d--- at all actually. I didn't hassle anybody and nobody hassled me. That was the whole point of the post. They got what they needed and I got what I needed and everyone went on their way without giving up their rights.
    I think by virtue of being stopped at a Federal checkpoint on U.S. soil, your rights were violated. I think the entire scheme is unconstitutional and violates every person who goes through it.

But that said, you did exactly right. You didn't capitulate. You didn't do their slave dance. Their job description is to break the constitution. They won't get any pleasantries from me either. Am I free to go??

You are lucky that you didn't get the treatment that this pastor did at a Border Patrol checkpoint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY85P1RboMg

Plinker

User Info Menu

So, you wanted to prove a point by not answering any questions. Not even about your citizenship. Guess you are then OK with illegal immigrants exercising the same rights?

User Info Menu

My freedoms are not prioritized nor are they trumped by promises of security or irrational fears. Freedom is dangerous and I prefer it that way. The citizen never left the country so there is no right to violate his fourth amendment right.
    "If not now, then when?" - הלל

Citizen Rule #1: Make it home safe at the end of the day.
    Dave Ramsey - http://www.daveramsey.com/new/baby-steps/

Expert

User Info Menu

People who live in the Southwestern States are getting really sick of this crap. It accomplishes nothing, wastes taxpayer's money and violates the Fourth Amendment. It is simply an attempt at making all of us comply with whatever they dream up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drail View Post
    People who live in the Southwestern States are getting really sick of this crap. It accomplishes nothing, wastes taxpayer's money and violates the Fourth Amendment. It is simply an attempt at making all of us comply with whatever they dream up.
    I am curious about the general attitude towards these sort of stops in the border states. When I lived in SoCal, it was just considered part of living down there and no one seemed to be at all bothered by it (at least among the folks I talked to.) The general attitude was that they really wanted something more done to control the "undocumented international travelers" (this is actually how EMS would refer to them when they brought them to the ER but I digress... ) so the BP stops were OK with them. I can't remember ever hearing anyone being hassled for no reason at one though.

Over the past decade or so, the angst and anger about illegal aliens has grown to such a fever pitch that I would think the folks in border states would be dropping off donuts, coffee and lunch to the BPOs at the stops out of gratitude. Yet you say they're getting sick of the crap. Can you tell me more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    ...99% of our laws should not exist. It does not take thousands upon thousands of pages to say "mind your own business and keep your hands to yourself".

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ElsiePeaRN View Post
    I am curious about the general attitude towards these sort of stops in the border states. When I lived in SoCal, it was just considered part of living down there and no one seemed to be at all bothered by it (at least among the folks I talked to.) The general attitude was that they really wanted something more done to control the "undocumented international travelers" (this is actually how EMS would refer to them when they brought them to the ER but I digress... ) so the BP stops were OK with them. I can't remember ever hearing anyone being hassled for no reason at one though.

Over the past decade or so, the angst and anger about illegal aliens has grown to such a fever pitch that I would think the folks in border states would be dropping off donuts, coffee and lunch to the BPOs at the stops out of gratitude. Yet you say they're getting sick of the crap. Can you tell me more?

the border patrol are lazy most of the time. I still say we put mines all along the southern border or carpet bomb them mother ****ers trying to cross.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theweakerbrother View Post
    Freedom is dangerous and I prefer it that way.
    Well said.

"Those who would trade freedom for safety deserve neither."
    Quote Originally Posted by theweakerbrother View Post
    Freedom is dangerous and I prefer it that way.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by octalman View Post
    So, you wanted to prove a point by not answering any questions. Not even about your citizenship. Guess you are then OK with illegal immigrants exercising the same rights?
    Nope, didn't want to prove any sort of point. I simply didn't want to be bothered and didn't want to potentially incriminate myself.

As far as being OK with illegal immigrants exercising those same rights, you bet your butt I'm OK with that! I strongly recommend everyone to exercise those rights.
    If you are not content with your life as it is, you never will be.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast