• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Taylors pub just tonight. And they dont have a sign... The bartener was rude too, raised his voice and everything ...just letting u know that theyre not gun friendly

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    if some random employee were to yell at me...I'd be pretty PO..........i'd take my gun out to my car, and come right back in and get in his face drill instructor style....then write the owners about their employees, post every possible negative review anywhere that I could, and look for any other possible means to F**k with them and their business......

it's one thing to politely ask someone to leave....but I will not put up with being talked down to, yelled at like a child, or any other means of flat out disrespect...it's just not in me to stand there and take it

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    if some random employee were to yell at me...I'd be pretty PO..........i'd take my gun out to my car, and come right back in and get in his face drill instructor style....then write the owners about their employees, post every possible negative review anywhere that I could, and look for any other possible means to F**k with them and their business......

it's one thing to politely ask someone to leave....but I will not put up with being talked down to, yelled at like a child, or any other means of flat out disrespect...it's just not in me to stand there and take it
    Getting in the bartender's face after being told to leave will probably get the police called on you for a trespassing warning, and if the officer decides you're PI, a night in the pokey as well. Best to handle this the next day with a call to management. Maybe it's not a company policy, so maybe a call takes care of the situation. But you won't get any real resolution out of that employee that evening.
    There was another thread on this. If people are being rude, whether in a bar or in another car, best to deescalate the situation. Choose the time and place of your battle. Just my :twocents: worth.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I heard you had two superbowl tickets for $250 each. Can always stick on craigslist with the bar number as contact #. mean, but funny. Not sure of legality of it.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I was a bouncer in some of the Gentlemens Clubs for a number of years as a part time job.
    IF you get into trouble in a bar you're almost always going to come out the loser. RIght or wrong, you're not going to have a positive outcome.
    "Sticks and Stones...."
    We all need to keep the testosterone in check until NO other option exists. Sounds like you had an option and used it.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

You'd really go to all that trouble because someone yelled at you?

I'd just find another bar.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Please don't do this. Writing management or ownership a polite, courteous, letter or, if you cool down first, doing the same thing by phone, is far better and paints a much better picture of gun owners in general. When you go out and disarm, then return and go off on the guy, you just confirm that you're an emotional, angry person that many would say, "doesn't need to have a gun". This image is worsened when you post negatives everywhere (especially if you post the real reason for your displeasure), and then looking for vindictive retaliation and revenge only seals that image permanently in the minds of anyone who might be "on the fence" as to the mental stability of gun owners.

Now... I didn't say not to be angry. I didn't say not to express yourself. I just said to do it with the very dignity that you feel has been insulted by their actions. A little checking online or an anonymous, civil phone call (maybe made by a neutral, third party) will get you the owner's name.

Address the letter to that person at the business address. Add the words, "Personal and confidential" to the outside of the envelope.

Dear Mr. _________,
    Good day. I would like to bring to your attention the actions of your bartender on duty the night of ________________. While patronizing your bar that evening with my wife and some friends, I was treated with great disrespect by your bartender, who apparently just noticed after an hour or so my holstered, lawfully carried handgun. As I'm sure you're aware, Indiana law does not forbid the carry of a firearm in bars, which is a good thing. Violence can happen anywhere, and rather than simply run from it or hope that it doesn't happen where I am, I've chosen to be prepared to stop it from adversely affecting my family or me. Like all peaceable, law-abiding Hoosiers who choose to do this, I have voluntarily chosen to submit my fingerprints and information to law enforcement authorities, who have background-checked me at the state level for my License to Carry and at the federal level when I went to the store to purchase my gun. Like the others, I am not an abuser of alcohol, I have no tendencies toward violent or unstable conduct, and have never committed a felony, nor do I intend to do so. I am a peaceful man; I'm just not a pacifist.

None of this mattered to your bartender, however, who rudely called me out, ordered me to leave, and attempted to publicly humiliate me solely for my desire to not be a helpless victim. Had he addressed me with civility or even an inkling of good manners, I would have spoken with him likewise. If it was still your policy as the business owner to disarm your law-abiding patrons, I would have respected that, paid my bill, and left. If that is, in fact, your policy, I will understand that I'm unwelcome there and not return. That's not the point of this letter, though. Rather, I wanted you to be aware that your employee is alienating your customers and decreasing your revenues, and at the same time, ensuring that those who carry handguns within the law will not be there to stop someone who is carrying unlawfully, that is, a criminal.

I would very much appreciate a reply acknowledging receipt of this letter and clarification of your position. Please let me know if I'm still welcome in your business or if I need to find somewhere else to go when my family, friends, and I go out for an evening.

Thank you very much.

Most sincerely,
    <signed>
    I think you'll find that this goes much, much farther than angrily getting in a bartender's face or attempting to (possibly illegally) sabotage the business. Obviously, you'll need to modify it as appropriate, should you ever be the one in this situation. Anger is rarely our friend. :twocents:

Good luck.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Nice letter. But, you should fix the grammatical errors before you send it.

[strike]Such as?[/strike]

Edit to clarify intent:

Thanks for the tip. Might I ask what grammatical errors you see in my suggested letter? (Note that that's only a sample letter. Nothing happened to me, and I've never been kicked out of anywhere for carrying a firearm or for anything else.)

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

If you're gonna go to jail, you might as well hit the guy in the mug with a chair. :laugh:

Seriously though, your solution sounds like a great way to earn a free ride downtown.

Cheapdiesel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    [strike]Such as?[/strike]

Edit to clarify intent:

Thanks for the tip. Might I ask what grammatical errors you see in my suggested letter? (Note that that's only a sample letter. Nothing happened to me, and I've never been kicked out of anywhere for carrying a firearm or for anything else.)

Blessings,
    Bill
    The one that stands out to me is the use of "myself" it should be "me" you say it just like you would if you were the only person you are referring to. It is a common modern error.
    While I would not be offened by the minor mistake, you don't want there to be any reason to dismiss your concerns outlined in the letter.:twocents:
    And it really is a nice letter

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Pacifist... Which clearly means you were born on a Pacific island... It should have been capitalized?

:D

:laugh6:

The one that stands out to me is the use of "myself" it should be "me" you say it just like you would if you were the only person you are referring to. It is a common modern error.
    While I would not be offened by the minor mistake, you don't want there to be any reason to dismiss your concerns outlined in the letter.:twocents:
    And it really is a nice letter

Thank you very much. I don't make many errors like that, but yes, that was one. I appreciate the correction and have edited the above to reflect it. Thank you as well for the compliment on the letter.

Have a great day... Heck, have several! :D

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom