• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    The picture is exactly what I am saying.
    There are three types of people that are typically un-attached from reality... mental cases, people that are high, and people that are drunk.
    If someone OC's in a bar, I will immediately have to focus my attention, from whatever I'm doing, to the person carrying.
    It's not that the person carrying maybe a threat, but he has just present a weapon in plain view to every other person in the bar. Persons where the possibility of them being drunk, high, or mental is increased exponentially.
    Some of the most abrasive, inquisitive, and odd person you'll ever find are in bars. Tom foolery and horseplay (Damn, I sound like my old football coach) are common.... so now let's introduce a gun into the mix? Whew, no way.
    If a guy OC's in a bar, I'm leaving.

agreed....but I wouldn't leave.....I'd feel too much like a "sheeple" if I ran from a potential situation like that rather than possibly being able to stop it in its tracks

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    ok, the guy had two beers, was wearing what looked like his work clothes (tucked in shirt etc.) and played two games of pool before sitting down and then being asked to not have the gun.....and in all fairness, the waitress was very kind and polite. she even asked him why he didnt just go put it in the car. it was the bartender, who yelled that made a scene about it....but he had already asked for his check and was about to be on his way. just cause you go to the bar doesnt mean your going to get drunk, and that was not this mans perogative.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The picture is exactly what I am saying.
    There are three types of people that are typically un-attached from reality... mental cases, people that are high, and people that are drunk.
    If someone OC's in a bar, I will immediately have to focus my attention, from whatever I'm doing, to the person carrying.
    It's not that the person carrying maybe a threat, but he has just present a weapon in plain view to every other person in the bar. Persons where the possibility of them being drunk, high, or mental is increased exponentially.
    Some of the most abrasive, inquisitive, and odd person you'll ever find are in bars. Tom foolery and horseplay (Damn, I sound like my old football coach) are common.... so now let's introduce a gun into the mix? Whew, no way.
    If a guy OC's in a bar, I'm leaving.

So if things look like they might get dicey, you'll just cut and run?

Or did I read that wrong?

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    So he'd already been asked nicely by the waitress who, almost beyond a doubt, mentioned it to the bartender, and he started off at a little higher level. Huh. Whodathunkit?

Doesn't make it right, or anything, but certainly changes my reaction and thoughts.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    the man sat down, she noticed it and told him he couldnt have it. he then asked for the check...as she was getting the ckeck for him the bartender noticed it and starts yelling that he cant have it....then the waitress kinda got after the bartender telling him to calm down and that she had already mentioned it and they he was just about to pay...i think she felt like she had it under control..and she seemed to

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    ya, all the conversation about it took place in less than a minute...they were decent enough to let him finish his beer too....but im sure he tried to drink it down faster than normal to get away from the bartender and all the suspicous people loooking at him

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    yeah...it sounds like everything was handled fairly appropriately.......I'd prolly go back to contacting management and just informing them of their bartender's unprofessional handling of such encounters

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    if some random employee were to yell at me...I'd be pretty PO..........i'd take my gun out to my car, and come right back in and get in his face drill instructor style....then write the owners about their employees, post every possible negative review anywhere that I could, and look for any other possible means to F**k with them and their business......

it's one thing to politely ask someone to leave....but I will not put up with being talked down to, yelled at like a child, or any other means of flat out disrespect...it's just not in me to stand there and take it

First of all you wern't there so you don't know the whole story. Just a total knee jeark reaction to the OP.

Second, you would have made an ass out of yourself and made other gun owners look like idiot's.

Third, in most places the bartender is in charge. They call it "my bar" when they are working. So not a random employee.

I don't want people like you speaking up for the rest of us.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    No you wouldn't...

Besides, that's nothing compared to what I'd do. I'd tactical roll back into the bar and backslap the bartender for having the audacity to speak to me. When those nancy boy bouncers came up to me I'd start handing out roundhouse kicks to the temple like candy on Halloween. If anybody else so much as made a comment in my general direction I'd track down their mothers and tell them what an awful child they raised, and then do a burnout in their flower bed. NOBODY talks back to me...
    Whatever the circumstances were I still would've done something like this cuz it sounds so badass. :yesway:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So if things look like they might get dicey, you'll just cut and run?

Or did I read that wrong?

There's a fine line between stupidity and courage (and I have plenty of both). Sometimes the possibility of what may happen can temper one's opinion/action.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    There's a fine line between stupidity and courage (and I have plenty of both). Sometimes the possibility of what may happen can temper one's opinion/action.

I think I've read on here that you're a cop. If you wouldn't cut and run when you're in uniform, but you would when you're "off duty", then I don't want to EVER EVEN HEAR of you saying the police are on duty 24/7. Because that's apparently not true in YOUR case.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think I've read on here that you're a cop. If you wouldn't cut and run when you're in uniform, but you would when you're "off duty", then I don't want to EVER EVEN HEAR of you saying the police are on duty 24/7. Because that's apparently not true in YOUR case.

Listen up, If I'm in a bar, I'm doing what people do in a bar, and that's drink alcohol. At the point that I take my first sip of an adult beverage, I relinquish my ability to adequately enforce the law. That's kinda common sense isn't it?

Anybody in here want me using law enforcement powers after drinking alcohol? OR is JB just talking out the side of his mouth?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    First of all you wern't there so you don't know the whole story. Just a total knee jeark reaction to the OP.

Second, you would have made an ass out of yourself and made other gun owners look like idiot's.

Third, in most places the bartender is in charge. They call it "my bar" when they are working. So not a random employee.

I don't want people like you speaking up for the rest of us.

good thing I never claimed to be speaking on your behalf then huh....:dunno:

my original response was based off the limited amount of detail in the OP...as you should have read later on in the thread......upon learning of the actual situation, obviously treating the man with such a reaction wouldn't have been "equal"....and so wouldn't have happened

also, my response to someone's disrespecful attitude...has nothing to do with or affect your "image of gun owners," the fact that I would have been carrying a gun in this theoretical situation makes no difference in the matter of a disrespectful and untactful employee....it's simply a tool on the side of my hip which has no other bearing on the situation until something happens where it is needed.....THEN you can argue that such a person's action make "us" look bad

regardless, you handle your business your way....I'll handle mine my way........if you'd rather let people "walk on you" and be disrespectful for no reason, then good for you.....that's not me.....but you're welcome to your opinion

as far as the bartender being in charge....I'm rather familiar with the industry from numerous friends....and this is highly relative to the business.....by no mean "most" of them are in charge.....regardless, this doesn't make him above treating people, especially customers with disrespect

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Listen up, If I'm in a bar, I'm doing what people do in a bar, and that's drink alcohol. At the point that I take my first sip of an adult beverage, I relinquish my ability to adequately enforce the law. That's kinda common sense isn't it?

Anybody in here want me using law enforcement powers after drinking alcohol? OR is JB just talking out the side of his mouth?

Yeah, I guess that's true. I apologize. I didn't think that through very well.

1.gif

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just to lighten things up a bit:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9waTCGyzJA8[/ame]

Years ago I was a restaurant/bar manager/bartender/bottle washer, etc. In the various establishments I worked, I told lots of folks they could not carry there. Never was I loud or rude.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Faff
    Top Bottom