Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by danielocean03 View Post
    Ok, so I hate to ask an ignorant question, but I travel to for work to Ft. Lauderdale FL a few times a year, and would love to have my Glock 26 carry gun with me when I'm near Miami down there. If I understand correctly, my permit is valid in FL. How would I get the gun and ammo down there legally? Does anyone know how airlines handle that?

Make sure you read FL's ammunition rules. My carry ammo is illegal down there.

User Info Menu

Cool Universal US CC Permit????

Can anyone tell me why a legal resident and holder of a CCL can not have a nationwide carry permit?
    Makes sense to me instead of all the little petty states having their own little spins on it.................LET'S VOTE!

Plinker

User Info Menu

Thanks for this Info. I drive a truck and was never sure where I could carry. Is there a site I can go to to check? I just want to confirm the info. Again thanks

Sorry I reread the thread and found the site thanks
    Last edited by Cornbread; 12-13-2008 at 17:23. Reason: Reread thread

Expert

User Info Menu

For future reference and a direct link;

Pack-N-Go Carry Concealed Trip Planner (Pack-n-Go)

Cogito, ergo porto.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY HARRY View Post
    Can anyone tell me why a legal resident and holder of a CCL can not have a nationwide carry permit?
    Makes sense to me instead of all the little petty states having their own little spins on it.................LET'S VOTE!
    1) such a thing does not exist, nor should it, HOWEVER, the Full Faith and Credit clause in the Constitution should apply, and I don't know why it does not.

2) as to why it should not... do you really want to give the federal government the power to dictate who may and who may not have "permission" to be armed? I don't!

3) the "little petty states" are each sovereign entities and are supposed to be the greater power than that of the fed gov. That got turned around about the time the 14th Amendment passed, but it violates the very spirit of the Founders' intentions.

Blessings,
    B

Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

Cogito, ergo porto.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Griffeycom View Post
    For future reference and a direct link;

Pack-N-Go Carry Concealed Trip Planner (Pack-n-Go)
    Thank you for plugging CarryConcealed. As one of the admins there, I appreciate it. I hasten to warn those who use that tool, though, to double-check with the individual state pages. We had some issues with our former web programming folks and they put in some code that made those maps not work correctly. We're working on getting someone to fix that, but among some other issues, it's not going as quickly as we would like. I used to be the one updating the maps, but I no longer have access to do so. Hopefully, that will change soon, and I'll post here if/when it does.

Thanks and

Blessings,
    B

Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

Expert

User Info Menu

I like Mayor Daley, but I think he is wrong when it comes to the firearms issues.
    Yes, please clarify.

The man is somewhere between a mobster and a Stalinist dictator. I can't really think of anything to like about him.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spartan933 View Post
    Too bad I live in Lake County, ten minutes from Illinois, and I can't carry. Their laws are stupid when it comes to the carry and ownership issues. I like Mayor Daley, but I think he is wrong when it comes to the firearms issues.

Please clarify. Do you mean you can't carry in Lake County, Indiana or do you mean you can't carry in Illinois?

What I like about Mayor Daley: He's NOT in Indiana.
    Then He said unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip, and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36 (KJ)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by danielocean03 View Post
    Ok, so I hate to ask an ignorant question, but I travel to for work to Ft. Lauderdale FL a few times a year, and would love to have my Glock 26 carry gun with me when I'm near Miami down there. If I understand correctly, my permit is valid in FL. How would I get the gun and ammo down there legally? Does anyone know how airlines handle that?
    It has been a few years since I have flown with firearms, but I assume it has not changed that much. At that time the airlines had the rules for checking firearms on their website, so check with the airline. I had to disassemble the pistol and declare it as a personal weapon with my checked bagage. Security inspected the pistol and case, placed a tag in the case, and then I locked the case. They then allowed me to put it in one of my checked bags. I did not transport any ammunition, but I believe this is allowed if it is in a container designed to hold ammunition.

Driving from Indiana to Florida with a gun can be a little bit trickier since each state differs in it's firearms laws. I had the same problem driving with the family from Indiana to South Dakota. In one 16 hour drive I went form being a good, law abiding citizen with the desire to protect my wife and kid to a felon. Seems a bit silly that I became an armed criminal just because I had to drive through the Peoples Republic of Illinois. This best advice I can give is to learn each state's firearms laws that you travel through. Of course I am told that some people just put the loaded pistol under the seat and drive the speed limit.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Very nice site indeed. A few years ago I paid $12 for a listing of right to carry states. I guess I got screwed. Beeboy

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast