• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    In these crazy times it’s probably best to reconsider the insurance if you don’t already have it.

hate to see anyone get hung out to dry. Sorry don’t mean to offend anyone by using the word “hung”.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I'm NOT trying to start a political argument, debate 'Stand Your Ground' or 'Duty To Retreat' or anything like that.
    It's simply what *CAN* happen to you personally when a firearm (or car crash, or equipment accident) happens and you get either charged or sued.

Since the 90s when I started as an instructor i recommended that people get personal liability insurance if they intend to daily carry.
    My million dollar policy is right about $350/year when added to home, business, auto, etc.

Since YOU are responsible for every bullet you fire (and might be sued for some you don't fire) the insurance gives you a fighting chance for experts, testing, all the legal & scientific stuff that is so costly.
    Not the 'Dream Team', but $500k to $1 million gives you a fighting chance for investigators, experts, etc.

Make no mistake, the $25k-$50k that's common on auto & homeowners policies, it's a drop in the bucket that doesn't even wet the bottom of a tea spoon... And the rest is on YOU...

Not being exactly lax about the firearms education,
    I started with a brick with a belt clip attached for students to carry a while, just to see who would make the commitment...

And we had an actual defense attorney, former prosecutor and current firearms defense attorney come in and explain what *Could* happen should you discharge, or even draw/display the firearm (when 'Concealed Carry' meant Concealed, not publicly displayed).

Some of you might remember the lawsuits about 'Black Talon' and other B.S. 'Cop Killer' bullets,
    Juries ate that 'No Chance, Murder Bullet' crap up...

Besides that, there are the millions in judgments awarded that shouldn't have been, like the $9 million award when a subcontractor was involved in a car crash, but the company that hired the subcontractor wound up paying the judgment...

Nothing like paying the bill for the independent roofer, or plumber, or garbage hauler that is working on your stuff, and it does happen.

Then there is the local gun range that got sued for damages to a home, injury of occupant, 4 years in the fight...
    Turns out the guy's own kids were shooting in the woods behind the house, right angle to the gun range, and fired through the tin cans they were shooting at into their own house...
    4 years of legal battles before they could get into court, have their investigation facts declared evidence, about $200,000 worth of legal fees just to get the case dismissed...
    The gun range is still there BECAUSE they had a big liability policy, and the reason we pay dues for a proper range, and protection against a legal system where anyone can sue for anything... Factual or not...
    (And why I pay my dues when I haven't used that range in more than 3-4 years... Just support for those trying to do things correctly)

I worked WAY too hard for what I have, considering how badly it can go I put up the $350 against $1 million just to make sure I keep what I worked for,
    And to get an actual defense in the event I'm facing the government with an unlimited budget...
    There is nothing that says the prosecutor won't be a 'Crusader' and attempt to make an example of you, personal liability gives you a fighting chance!

Don't forget blood sucking personal injury lawyers, actual injury or not, they will take anything & everything because there is a Payday in it for them either way...

Last edited:

Atkinsons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Greenwood, IN
    There is several companies out there that offer Conceal Carry Insurance. One is US Law Shield and the other is USCCA. Both are reputable companies and they offer packages to meet everyone’s needs. I personally have this type of insurance since I carry everyday and when I am at the shop. Hope this helps. If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call at the shop. Be safe.
    Sean

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I am thinking about CCWSAfe. Anyone use them?

My only concern is you have to sign up to see the add-ons and their cost.

That is the one I was looking at.
    I emailed them since indiana does not have CCW permits we have licences to carry handgun. They emailed back saying that would be valid for their CCW permit plans.

The pricing is on the main page. The ultimate was $500 a year or about $40 a month.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I went with USCCA Elite after watching all sorts of reviews on YouTube comparing all the companies.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw2qVtrSa2o

Looked like a commercial. Not that he influenced me, but when talking about CCWSafe he stated he "read on a forum....blah blah blah". When making a video comparing stuff, using an argument you cannot back up is nothing more than spreading rumors. If he cannot state with fact, leave it out. With that said, I would not trust this guy.

Not saying he is wrong, just saying i do not trust him.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Looked like a commercial. Not that he influenced me, but when talking about CCWSafe he stated he "read on a forum....blah blah blah". When making a video comparing stuff, using an argument you cannot back up is nothing more than spreading rumors. If he cannot state with fact, leave it out. With that said, I would not trust this guy.

Not saying he is wrong, just saying i do not trust him.

That’s fair this guy has been thought to be kind of sheistery sometimes but I looked into the fine print of his claims and went with USCCA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I'm trying to find out is USCCA will cover you if you are at church and a "bad situation" occurs. CCWSafe will not; not that that is a deal breaker, but one to consider. What are the limitations for USCCA?

Any thoughts or answers?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Where did you see that ccwsafe will not?
    Ccwsafe has a only at home plan but they also have anywhere that you are legally allowed to carry plan as well.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Where did you see that ccwsafe will not?
    Ccwsafe has a only at home plan but they also have anywhere that you are legally allowed to carry plan as well.

I was wrong, it is included in the unltimate plan.
    (This plan also provides coverage for volunteer house of worship security members (volunteer only). This is only offered in an annual payment.)

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    My head hurts; thanks to the OP who planted the seed. Here's CCWSafe Ultimate. 2 things I like. 1) Spousal coverage included and 2) Church volunteers included. I could not find that so clearly mentioned in USCCA.

Not sure if I want to pan out $500.

$499 a Year
    The CCW Safe Ultimate Plan Covers at Home and in Public a Concealed Carry Permit holder and a Spouse as a Permit holder, or a spouse covered by Provisional terms for any criminal, civil or administrative legal action stemming from a self-defense incident. Dedicated Civil Damage coverage up to 1 Million dollars and up to a 1 Million-dollar bond covered is included with this plan (Primary Covered Member ONLY) (additional civil damage coverage must be added per member). Both Primary and Spouse are covered for a bond up to 1 million dollars.. This plan is non-transferable. “Be part of the Club!” This plan includes access to our 24-hour emergency hotline, attorney fees, investigators fees, experts, and other expenses associated with defending criminal, civil and administrative actions stemming from a self-defense incident. Appeals, Firearm Replacement during trial and Firearm theft coverage, and Criminal Record Expungement Covered. The plan also includes: Up to $350 a day work loss while in criminal and civil trial, up to 40 sessions (or up to $150 per session) for a licensed counselor, up to $4k for crime scene clean-up home or vehicle (if needed) and any other benefits or services that are standard with all plans. This plan also provides coverage for volunteer church security members (volunteer only).

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I was wrong, it is included in the unltimate plan.
    (This plan also provides coverage for volunteer house of worship security members (volunteer only). This is only offered in an annual payment.)

Their other plans ccssafe has will cover YOU if you just go to church and you have to self-defense yourself.

What you are looking to do, at least based on what I read in the faqs and your post, is you want to be part of church security. Then no the plan does not cover you. All of these plans are for self-defense. Trouble finding you when you are minding your own biz in a legal place.

Being security is not that. :)

Top Bottom