• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    $500 a year comes out to $40 a month or $1.35 a day. $40 a month is not earth breaking. Heck your car insurance is probably more than that for 6 months.

I have been leaning on ccw safe as well but want to look more into armed citizen network as that one was not in the review article i linked.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    $500 a year comes out to $40 a month or $1.35 a day. $40 a month is not earth breaking. Heck your car insurance is probably more than that for 6 months.

I have been leaning on ccw safe as well but want to look more into armed citizen network as that one was not in the review article i linked.

When you break the cost down like you did it makes it easier to swallow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    When you break the cost down like you did it makes it easier to swallow.

That’s what I had to tell myself. The thought of my family going broke if I ever successfully defended them was unpalatable. Made the cost of membership but easier to swallow

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    One thing to look for when evaluating such things is WHEN funds become available. You don't want a reimbursement model where funds become available after the legal fight and you're found innocent. A model where funds are available up front to be used for the legal battle is much to be preferred.

IronHammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2017
    SW Indiana
    Good point about reimbursement models. I have bottom-tier USCCA coverage. I'm thinking of upgrading to the top-tier but now I'm looking at other companies to see how they compare in coverage and benefits.

jolly rancher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    I will second Firearms Legal Protection. Got the individual premium plan for around $220 per year. I checked out all of the plans out there and FLP seems to be the best deal going. I hope I never have to use it but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    With all the political violence lately, riots popping up, violent groups stopping vehicles and attacking the occupants, sadly I too am considering CCW insurance. I am also looking at CCW-Safe, and they too have a discount for Police or Military Veterans. I read a comment on a web site discussing CCW and they said if a judge sets your bail to A million dollars, CCW only pays for the 10% and you must cover the $900,000 collateral. If you don't have $900,000 sitting around, you may sit in jail until the trial is over which could last a couple years. I can't imagine anyone would do as well at trial if they are in jail where they can't earn a living, care for their family, and dealing with whatever you deal with in jail. If this is false, someone please correct me. It is in the comments section of this video on CCW insurance comparisons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__8ginAdfSk

The world seems to be getting worse and the likelihood of actually having to use a gun in self defense seems to be increasing.

https://ccwsafe.com/

Last edited:

airrifle82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2014
    northern indiana
    Concealed carry insurance is smart. If you open carry, you obviously are seeking attention so insurance should be followed up with counseling of some kind to sort through your needs to be "special" or your need to intimidate others. There is no tactical advantage to open carry. If you open carry, aside from on duty law enforcement, military, etc. you likely have emotional
    issues. If you open carry, you may want to look into that.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Concealed carry insurance is smart. If you open carry, you obviously are seeking attention so insurance should be followed up with counseling of some kind to sort through your needs to be "special" or your need to intimidate others. There is no tactical advantage to open carry. If you open carry, aside from on duty law enforcement, military, etc. you likely have emotional

I think you're looking for this thread:

The Open Carry Argument

And I find it ironic you claim someone open carrying is "seeking attention" and has a need to "intimidate others" when you are posting this in an old thread that has nothing to do with open carrying. It seems maybe you're the one seeking attention.

SB2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Morgan County
    With all the political violence lately, riots popping up, violent groups stopping vehicles and attacking the occupants, sadly I too am considering CCW insurance. I am also looking at CCW-Safe, and they too have a discount for Police or Military Veterans. I read a comment on a web site discussing CCW and they said if a judge sets your bail to A million dollars, CCW only pays for the 10% and you must cover the $900,000 collateral. If you don't have $900,000 sitting around, you may sit in jail until the trial is over which could last a couple years. I can't imagine anyone would do as well at trial if they are in jail where they can't earn a living, care for their family, and dealing with whatever you deal with in jail. If this is false, someone please correct me. It is in the comments section of this video on CCW insurance comparisons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__8ginAdfSk

The world seems to be getting worse and the likelihood of actually having to use a gun in self defense seems to be increasing.

https://ccwsafe.com/

I am also looking for CCW insurance for myself and my wife, and I read thru all of the comments here. My question is, does anyone know if there is a matrix out there that compares all of these plans, i.e., when funds become available, percent placed towards bail, max benefits, etc.? This is a bit mind boggling, and it is hard to think thru all possible scenarios (i.e., I'm at church and that is or isn't covered).

Also - God forbid - has anyone had to actually use this insurance? Experiences?

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

:rolleyes:

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    This thread started me thinking about getting insured, especially with the things going on in the world today. I really wanted to go with USCCA as they have a good following and endorsements, but the 250,000 limit on the Criminal Defense seemed lacking considering it also has to cover the bail bond and retainer. With prosecutors looking to charge anyone who does defend themselves with a firearm I thought Criminal Defense would be as important the Civil defense funds. I think I am leaning towards US Law Shield. They have a package that fits my needs and is unlimited on Criminal and Civil Defense. Price seems reasonable at just under $30 a month.

SB2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Morgan County
    This thread started me thinking about getting insured, especially with the things going on in the world today. I really wanted to go with USCCA as they have a good following and endorsements, but the 250,000 limit on the Criminal Defense seemed lacking considering it also has to cover the bail bond and retainer. With prosecutors looking to charge anyone who does defend themselves with a firearm I thought Criminal Defense would be as important the Civil defense funds. I think I am leaning towards US Law Shield. They have a package that fits my needs and is unlimited on Criminal and Civil Defense. Price seems reasonable at just under $30 a month.

Thanks for the info - I really need to create a spreadsheet to sort all this out. Hard to find the time to sit down and do that, but I need to bump it up on the priority list.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Thanks for the info - I really need to create a spreadsheet to sort all this out. Hard to find the time to sit down and do that, but I need to bump it up on the priority list.

There are a lot of things to consider. I was also looking at CCW safe. They have unlimited Criminal and Civil Defense, but they don't offer a monthly payment for the premium level plan which is $500 annually. The top level plans from most of the providers seems like the way to go, especially if you carry all the time. I could see a lower level plan for just home defense as it's harder for them to claim it wasn't justified.

SB2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Morgan County
    There are a lot of things to consider. I was also looking at CCW safe. They have unlimited Criminal and Civil Defense, but they don't offer a monthly payment for the premium level plan which is $500 annually. The top level plans from most of the providers seems like the way to go, especially if you carry all the time. I could see a lower level plan for just home defense as it's harder for them to claim it wasn't justified.

Did you end up using US Law Shield? Just curious. I will look into CCW Safe as well.

Top Bottom