Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    I have some good combos, but my absolute favorite is my Beretta 71 and .22 can (an old Huntertown Guardian 22 Stainless).

Its not flashy, but the combo of the Beretta styling and alleged Mossad connections is just awesome.
    Agreed! Personally I always did like a PPK with can for the bond feel. I recently watched this video and I might have to look into one of them... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lJeTkgMKqo. The slide lock feature really friggin cool! (although impractical)

User Info Menu

I've got several 22lr rifle and pistol offerings from Ruger and Savage. We don't buy firearms in 22lr unless it has a threaded barrel anymore. 90% of our 22s are threaded. Have a couple AAC Element 2's and we burn up A Lot of 22lr each year. I enjoy shooting all my cans, but shooting 22lr suppressed is probably the most fun you can have with your pants on

User Info Menu

I also love VUPDBlue's Scorpion Evo / ISIS9 combo.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Living in the E-File Poorhouse Yamadog35's Avatar

User Info Menu

I've done a fair amount of testing with the Salvo. When using typical buckshot loads (I rarely do anything with birdshot) the Salvo will do what I call soften the report. It's definitely not quiet, but just softer. Not sure how else to describe it. There is a bit less recoil as well. Now, if you use some sub-sonic buckshot it can get much more quiet. Still not like subgun or pistol quiet, but not bad for a shotgun. It's not cheap, but you can get subsonic 00 buckshot here. I've embedded a video below where I shoot some of the subsonic buckshot through the Salvo and compare to full power buck with no Salvo (shooting done at MCF&G).

Also note that I've experimented with the different length rod kits. I've settled on using the 8" rod kit for most use. When using subsonic buckshot it is just as quiet to my ear as the 12" config.
    Here is the 8" config on a 14" 870 Marine SBS.

User Info Menu

I shoot a lot at Marion County Fish & Game so no rifles there as you mentioned. Because of that I've accumulated a number of 9mm rifles and subguns so I can go ring steel at MCF&G. As others have mentioned it is hard to beat the MP5 suppressed. I'm also really warming up to my Scorpion Micro. The MP5 is just butter smooth and oh so quiet. Both of these also have a binary trigger so that elevates the giggle factor.
    That's an Omega 9k on the MP5 and an Obsidian 9 in short config on the Scorp.

User Info Menu

Another really fun 9mm gun I have fun with at MCF&G is the Definitive Arms AKX-9. I've had this for several years. I now also have the relatively new AKV-9 from PSA, but I find I like shooting the AKX-9 better. They're both straight blowback guns, but the AKX-9 shoots a bit smoother and quieter. Octane 45 on the gun in the pic and video below.

A little shooting at MCF&G with the AKX-9.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yamadog35 View Post
    I shoot a lot at Marion County Fish & Game so no rifles there as you mentioned. Because of that I've accumulated a number of 9mm rifles and subguns so I can go ring steel at MCF&G. As others have mentioned it is hard to beat the MP5 suppressed. I'm also really warming up to my Scorpion Micro. The MP5 is just butter smooth and oh so quiet. Both of these also have a binary trigger so that elevates the giggle factor.
    That's an Omega 9k on the MP5 and an Obsidian 9 in short config on the Scorp.

Who makes the foward grip on the scorpion? Is it considered an afg? I want one

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BR8818 View Post
    Who makes the foward grip on the scorpion? Is it considered an afg? I want one
    Well, like many things related to BATF it is up for debate whether this is a vertical grip or not. There is an ATF letter around (I've seen it numerous times on AR15.com) which pretty clearly states if it is 90 degrees to the bore then it is a vertical foregrip. This one is exactly 10 degrees off from 90. Everyone can make their own decision. It can be found here at A3 Tactical.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yamadog35 View Post
    Another really fun 9mm gun I have fun with at MCF&G is the Definitive Arms AKX-9. I've had this for several years. I now also have the relatively new AKV-9 from PSA, but I find I like shooting the AKX-9 better. They're both straight blowback guns, but the AKX-9 shoots a bit smoother and quieter. Octane 45 on the gun in the pic and video below.

A little shooting at MCF&G with the AKX-9.
    That's amazing! You really cant beat an mp5 in terms of tootaloo Motherfun.... i gotta get me one of those! Thanks for the videos!!! (PS watch your muzzle even tho you're in the far bay)

While not a direct comparison, do you like ak or mp5 style PCC better?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rebase View Post
    While not a direct comparison, do you like ak or mp5 style PCC better?
    The MP5 is a better suppressor host (quiet and smooth) but this particular 9mm AK has better controls/ergonomics (last round bolt hold open, AR style bolt and mag release). I don't think many of the AKX-9 were made so it's not something most people would be able to own at this point, however there are other options like the PSA AKV-9 (which I have) and the the KP-9 and KR-9 from Kalashnikov USA. I like AK's so these are appealing to me.

Speaking of AK's, I have a Dead Air Wolverine in jail so I can suppress several AKs once I have it. Not sure how that will work out, but I see reports of pretty good results when an adjustable gas piston is used.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast