• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I was at the American Suppressor Association shoot the last two years and the most common gun there and the best to shoot each time is the MP5. Hands down. I believe it was in Edinburgh this year. Some small town south of Indy. Nice range.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Well, like many things related to BATF it is up for debate whether this is a vertical grip or not. There is an ATF letter around (I've seen it numerous times on AR15.com) which pretty clearly states if it is 90 degrees to the bore then it is a vertical foregrip. This one is exactly 10 degrees off from 90. Everyone can make their own decision. It can be found here at A3 Tactical.

I was told that the A3 grip was not considered an afg....

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    The MP5 is a better suppressor host (quiet and smooth) but this particular 9mm AK has better controls/ergonomics (last round bolt hold open, AR style bolt and mag release). I don't think many of the AKX-9 were made so it's not something most people would be able to own at this point, however there are other options like the PSA AKV-9 (which I have) and the the KP-9 and KR-9 from Kalashnikov USA. I like AK's so these are appealing to me.

Speaking of AK's, I have a Dead Air Wolverine in jail so I can suppress several AKs once I have it. Not sure how that will work out, but I see reports of pretty good results when an adjustable gas piston is used.
    In my experience the MP5 is hands down the best 9mm suppressor host PCC/subgun. The MPX is pretty gassy, the scorpion and other straight blowbacks are louder, but decent for the money.

for the 9mm AKs I would buy the Kp-9, hands down, its a good clone of the Vityaz SMG, lighter than the PSA and isn’t unobtanium like the DA gun, the DA gun also is built on a fullsize receiver (IIRC) and was pricey when released.

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    Are the MP5 hosts all they are hyped up to be? Is the delayed blowback really that much more quiet?

I haven’t tried it on another 9mm, but with 147gr it’s pretty darn quiet. 115gr still sounds a little loud to me with the can. Shooting them back to back there’s a huge difference.

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Its amazing what a couple hundred FPS will do/the sonic boom will do.

I was finally able to get my 22lr can out to the range with a bolt gun. Cci sv was unpleasant suppressed due to sonic boom, but 750 fps cci quiet was rediculous. Quieter than a nail gun.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Shooting suppressed anything is fun, but hard to say what's a favorite.

For 22s, the 15-22 is a blast and super quiet, but so is the 10/22 (I prefer the 15-22 cause the AR feel). At the same time...the 455 gets a lot of love cause 1) it's been a money pit and 2) there's no sound until that bullet hits something. For pistols always have preferred the Buckmark over the MK I-IV

Picked up a MCX pistol recently (efile form 1 sent off a month ago) and it's been getting some attention as of late, making sure reloads run but to me it sounds a bit quieter than my previous 2 300BLK AR builds.

MPX is a blast as well cause it almost is as quiet as the 15-22 with some 147gr bunny fart loads I have. That being said I don't think the MPX is gassy at all, the only time I've ever shot with that had blowback was a machine gun MPX with their giant silencer on it, with that much internal volume and that rate of fire.....blowback is impossible to avoid.

Centerfire pistols....the FNX Tactical is a great host, same with a 1911. For 9mm hosts I've had little to no issues out of my 229, USP, P-01, or Hi Power...but I keep going back to the USP. It might not feel the most comfortable but the thing is a garbage disposal and will eat anything outside of bulged casings

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Its amazing what a couple hundred FPS will do/the sonic boom will do.

I was finally able to get my 22lr can out to the range with a bolt gun. Cci sv was unpleasant suppressed due to sonic boom, but 750 fps cci quiet was rediculous. Quieter than a nail gun.

CCI SV should not have a sonic crack as it's rated at 1070fps. I've shot probably 2-3k of CCI SV in the past year suppressed on 16" rifles and have never went super on me. It definitely shouldn't in these hot and humid ambient temps. And my hearing must be getting bad cause SV on a 16" rifle doesn't bother my ears at all. I'm pretty sure SV out a rifle is right at or below 140db. I could be wrong though

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    CCI SV should not have a sonic crack as it's rated at 1070fps. I've shot probably 2-3k of CCI SV in the past year suppressed on 16" rifles and have never went super on me. It definitely shouldn't in these hot and humid ambient temps. And my hearing must be getting bad cause SV on a 16" rifle doesn't bother my ears at all. I'm pretty sure SV out a rifle is right at or below 140db. I could be wrong though

CCI SV is my go to load for subsonic ammo and have shot cases of it and not once has broken the sound barrier. Remington "subsonic" though will 10-15% of the time (least for me) and Aguila Super Extra doesn't work in any of my firearms anymore. It'll stay sub but just won't feed through the mags (outside of 15-22s then it feeds through the mags but light strikes a lot)

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    CCI SV is my go to load for subsonic ammo and have shot cases of it and not once has broken the sound barrier. Remington "subsonic" though will 10-15% of the time (least for me) and Aguila Super Extra doesn't work in any of my firearms anymore. It'll stay sub but just won't feed through the mags (outside of 15-22s then it feeds through the mags but light strikes a lot)
    Winchester subsonic cycles my firearms much better than CCI SV does, if I can find it for a decent price I buy it, if I can’t CCI SV gets used but I’m prepared to clear at least a few malfunctions.

if it’s a pistol, whatever cheap bulk ammo tends to be subsonic, so whatever is cheapest gets used.

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis

Holy crap you are right! I just realized I was not shooting CCI SV but rather Federal Champion 22lr 36gr copper plated. I merely brought the CCI SV along but never opened it for some reason. Only the expensive CCI quiet 22.

Has anyone shot CCI SV alongside CCI quiet 22 out of an 18" barrel suppressed? Any differences? If not, then I would be able to save myself 25% of the cost!

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Holy crap you are right! I just realized I was not shooting CCI SV but rather Federal Champion 22lr 36gr copper plated. I merely brought the CCI SV along but never opened it for some reason. Only the expensive CCI quiet 22.

Has anyone shot CCI SV alongside CCI quiet 22 out of an 18" barrel suppressed? Any differences? If not, then I would be able to save myself 25% of the cost!

You can definitely tell a difference between CCI SV and the Quiet.....in a bolt action. To me though, the juice isn't worth the squeeze for the quiet loads. The SV is just fine

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    You can definitely tell a difference between CCI SV and the Quiet.....in a bolt action. To me though, the juice isn't worth the squeeze for the quiet loads. The SV is just fine
    For me the quiets aren’t any quieter, and most of the time I’m shooting an autoloader so they’re not for me.

accidentally bought a few boxes last week, didn’t see a noise difference.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    For pure fun, I think my lever action Rossi 92 is the most fun to plink with.

If im trying to his small stuff, my Savage MkII .22 boltgun does a dandy job.

[video=youtube_share;p8SXJ4r26EE]https://youtu.be/p8SXJ4r26EE[/video]

Top Bottom