• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    Long story short, my father-in-law impulse bought two huntertown arms Chameleon 9mm suppressors from a small class three dealer in Michigan where he lives a few years ago. Took almost 2 years to receive as the dealer screwed up a bunch of his paperwork. He finally got them about a year ago but never even got around to shooting them till this week. As we know Huntertown arms is out of business, and also now so is the class III dealer he bought them from. The suppressors just came in a plain cardboard box with no information. I saw on Huntertown’s old website ( which actually worked last week but now appears to be off-line today ) The Chamaeleon 308 and chameleon 556, but there was no chameleon 9mm. Saw that those two were rated for some higher calibers. Really just wondering if anyone can provide me any information on the Chameleon 9 as far as caliber ratings, barrel lengths, or even if there are any compatible thread adapters. All he has Is fixed barrel 1/2x 28 adapter for each of them.

Thanks for any info, this is the last try as I have googled for hours as well as attempted the old email from Huntertown and private messaging the forum member here who used to run the company, all with no luck.

Thanks, :ingo:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Looks like the Huntertown website is back up for the moment

Huntertown Arms - Suppressors for everyone - warrantied beyond life

Here's the specs for the 308:

"
    Supported Calibers:300 Win Mag, .308, 300 Blackout
    Full Auto:Moderate .308 and 300 Blackout
    Minimum barrel length300 Win Mag - 22 inches
    .308 - 16 inches
    300 Blackout - 8 inches
    Overall Length:8.5 inches
    Diameter:1.5 inches
    Weight:17.5 ounces
    Core Material:Stainless Steel
    Tube Material:Titanium
    Finish:Natural Titanium
    Threads:5/8-24
    MSRP:$699.00"

So theoretically they 9mm would be built the same as the 308s, just bored out a bit larger probably for 9mm rifles and 357 mag/38 sp rifles.....I'm not sure why he couldn't use them on 308s, 300 win mags, etc. unless they used aluminum baffles on the 9mm version but not sure why they would have.

Seems like a good option for a home defense dedicated 300blk can, just get it cerakoted black or get grill paint.

As for thread modules, I'd say his best bet is to take his current to a machinist and have some made in a bigger thread. Might be pricey but might be his only option

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    Thanks for the info M67 and others, I am going to compare the specs of the .308 version to his next time I at his house. I know the baffles are definitely stainless steel, so if the dimensions and weight are the exact same as what m67 found then I would assume it would be safe with some larger calibers. If they are I thanks we may try some subsonic 7.62x39 to start with and see how that goes. Thanks again Ingo!

Top Bottom