Becker BK7 Goodness (Old Camillus Version)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Last week I had to remove a bunch of volunteer saplings, some close to an inch in diameter. The closest heavy duty knife was my old Camillus Becker BK7, which I had never really put to heavy use. For a medium-sized knife, it's a heck of a good chopper. Ethan Becker knows how to design a knife and Camillus did a great job making them. They used the same steel (1095CV) that they used for the Cold Steel Carbon V knives they were making at the time and their heat treatment was first rate. The knife is a beast!

I'm not sure if the current Ka-Bar version is its equal. On paper, it's identical down to the same 1095CV, but I'm not convinced that the Ka-Bar heat treatment is the equal of old Camillus.

Lately Becker knives don't seems as popular as some other brands in the same price range that are designed for similar purposes. I forgot why I originally liked my BK7, but now I remember!

Bhart89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    McCordsville
    I found a receipt of my order of a BK7 from like 2002 for $37.95 Man what a deal :):

i have a bunch bunch of other backers but the BK7 is the only one from Camillus. They are all a great value but I agree the heat treat on the Camillus are probably he best.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I found a receipt of my order of a BK7 from like 2002 for $37.95 Man what a deal :):

i have a bunch bunch of other backers but the BK7 is the only one from Camillus. They are all a great value but I agree the heat treat on the Camillus are probably he best.

That's about what I paid for mine. It was a few months after Camillus went out of business and prices on them soared. I was Sportsman's Warehouse walking past the knife case and saw it just sitting there, lonely, with its original price tag. Score!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I wish someone would talk Ethan into re-releasing the BK-1 Becker Brute, I lost mine to a crazy break-up, and have never found a replacement even at 3-4x the original price.:(

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm on the hunt for a reasonably priced BK20.

I didn't even know the BK20 existed!

Years ago I bought a Becker Patrol Machete for my father, which was a really cool knife. He really, really liked chopping stuff with a machete. He used that thing extensively, abused it, and left it outside to rust. Collectors would faint if they saw it, but the pleasure he got out of using it was worth way more than any collector value.

Top Bottom