The only thing more satisfying than shooting good...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    ..is watching people you train shooting good. The only thing better than that is watching your family shoot good after you trained them.

I took my 7 year old on his first shooting trip today. With a bit of help, he was able to shoot a Marlin 60 from a rest (a fallen tree) and hit a coffee can sized bull's eye at 21 yards with a 3x scope, very first shot ever. Within the hour he was shooting soda cans off sticks at 21 yards (off the rest) with no help from me at all. I need to get him a chipmunk rifle or something similar so he can start shooting without the rest, but the Marlin 60 is still way to heavy and with too long of a stock for him to manage on his own.

My wife, who's always been ambivalent about shooting, finally agreed to try my Glock 22. She's a natural, and shot it way better than her .380. No worries left/right at all. Once she got used to the sight picture (cover the target, not pumpkin on a stick) she was right on from 7 yards, hitting the bottom of a coffee can consistently. Her only issue was pushing in recoil anticipation just a bit and dropping the POI a bit. Within 15 rounds (3 strings of 5) she was right on.

I'm super proud of them, they both did great.

Top Bottom