The only thing more satisfying than shooting good...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    ..is watching people you train shooting good. The only thing better than that is watching your family shoot good after you trained them.

I took my 7 year old on his first shooting trip today. With a bit of help, he was able to shoot a Marlin 60 from a rest (a fallen tree) and hit a coffee can sized bull's eye at 21 yards with a 3x scope, very first shot ever. Within the hour he was shooting soda cans off sticks at 21 yards (off the rest) with no help from me at all. I need to get him a chipmunk rifle or something similar so he can start shooting without the rest, but the Marlin 60 is still way to heavy and with too long of a stock for him to manage on his own.

My wife, who's always been ambivalent about shooting, finally agreed to try my Glock 22. She's a natural, and shot it way better than her .380. No worries left/right at all. Once she got used to the sight picture (cover the target, not pumpkin on a stick) she was right on from 7 yards, hitting the bottom of a coffee can consistently. Her only issue was pushing in recoil anticipation just a bit and dropping the POI a bit. Within 15 rounds (3 strings of 5) she was right on.

I'm super proud of them, they both did great.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John22
    Top Bottom