• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I've only been to a couple of shows and I've noticed that , besides the vendors, there are always people walking around, carrying signs, selling their guns.
    I know that private sales are legal, but why don't those sellers have to pay show fees like the regular vendors do?
    Just curious.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I've only been to a couple of shows and I've noticed that , besides the vendors, there are always people walking around, carrying signs, selling their guns.
    I know that private sales are legal, but why don't those sellers have to pay show fees like the regular vendors do?
    Just curious.

Because they pay a fee to get in? :dunno:

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I noticed at the Greenfield show last weekend that they frowned on this. They had signs posted something to the effect of no private sales inside or outside of the building. People still walking around with rifles but no signs for sale.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    The vendors don't pay a fee to sell their guns at the show, anyone can do that.

The vendors pay to rent table space.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I noticed at the Greenfield show last weekend that they frowned on this. They had signs posted something to the effect of no private sales inside or outside of the building. People still walking around with rifles but no signs for sale.

CIG is the promoter of the Greenfield show. They don't have any rules about buying, selling or trading for the people who attend the show. What they don't want is people "hawking" the door trying to deal with the people that are coming into the building for the show, and they don't want people dealing outside in the parking lot. Buying, selling, and trading is fully allowed, as long as it is done inside the building. I was set up last weekend at the Greenfield show, and I saw plenty of people walking around with dowel rods sticking out of gun barrels with for sale signs attached.

Top Bottom